Female 

23-07-2010, 08:50 AM

Here come the Tourists!

which means.......

Blocked roads
Higher car parking fees
Higher entrance fees to some attractions
etc....

I know I sound like a right moaner and Cornwalll rely on tourism for most of our economy but it is annoying when it takes you twice as long to get to work and for somewhere you go all the time i.e. the beach will now cost you like £5 to park!!

Does anyone else who lives in a tourist area feel like this? Or am I just a big moaner!! I would love to get local loyalty cards for locals!!

Sorry.......rant over!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2010, 09:18 AM
Originally Posted by AmyH-Cornwall View Post
which means.......

Blocked roads
Higher car parking fees
Higher entrance fees to some attractions
etc....

I know I sound like a right moaner and Cornwalll rely on tourism for most of our economy but it is annoying when it takes you twice as long to get to work and for somewhere you go all the time i.e. the beach will now cost you like £5 to park!!

Does anyone else who lives in a tourist area feel like this? Or am I just a big moaner!! I would love to get local loyalty cards for locals!!

Sorry.......rant over!

We don't just have the tourists in Brighton, we also have the foreign students who travel around & stand in the middle of the pavement with their backpacks looking confused in their groups of at least 20!!
Then there's the hen & stag parties, the constant London to Bighton, races, old crocs, bikes etc... gay pride... the list goes on!! the roads are always shut for something & you can't get near the seafront!!
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2010, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
We don't just have the tourists in Brighton, we also have the foreign students who travel around & stand in the middle of the pavement with their backpacks looking confused in their groups of at least 20!!
Then there's the hen & stag parties, the constant London to Bighton, races, old crocs, bikes etc... gay pride... the list goes on!! the roads are always shut for something & you can't get near the seafront!!
As a life long resident of Brighton up until a year ago, I completley agree. The buses in student season become a nightmare. The streets are heaving with swarms of them. They may bring money to the local economy but the likes of us dont see it!
As for Cornwall, Im coming there for my hollibobs in a week. Please be nice, I do feel your pain!
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2010, 09:24 AM
I feel bad that we're going to gay pride now lol
We have tourists going to the Gower....this blocks the whole of Swansea, very annoying so I feel your pain. Mind you I am also a moaner about "sunday dog walkers" on our local walk lol!
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2010, 09:26 AM
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
I feel bad that we're going to gay pride now lol
We have tourists going to the Gower....this blocks the whole of Swansea, very annoying so I feel your pain. Mind you I am also a moaner about "sunday dog walkers" on our local walk lol!

Its ok, thats pay back. I blocked the Gower 2 years ago. You're turn to block Brighton now!
AmyH-Cornwall
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-07-2010, 09:26 AM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
Crikey, that sounds even worse than Cornwall!! It is annoying isn't it!!! Glad I am not the only person who feels this way!

Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
As a life long resident of Brighton up until a year ago, I completley agree. The buses in student season become a nightmare. The streets are heaving with swarms of them. They may bring money to the local economy but the likes of us dont see it!
As for Cornwall, Im coming there for my hollibobs in a week. Please be nice, I do feel your pain!
Don't worry we are all lovely down here really!! And as a Dogsey member I will be especially nice! Which part of Cornwall are you coming to?
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2010, 09:27 AM
Crikey, that sounds even worse than Cornwall!! It is annoying isn't it!!! Glad I am not the only person who feels this way!

Don't worry we are all lovely down here really!! And as a Dogsey member I will be especially nice! Which part of Cornwall are you coming to?
We've rented a cottage in Mevaggisey (sorry if I spelt that wrong!) Really looking forward to it. I love Cornwall. Its so beautiful!
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2010, 09:32 AM
I know what you mean. We like to go up to north Devon as often as we can but it gets so busy during holiday season and takes twice as long to get there and back and to find a parking space.

Usually during these peak seasons we go up to Shropshire to visit my sister and the northbound side of the motorway is always a breeze. The southbound side is always congested and usually at stand still then coming home it's the opposite way round! Not so good for my sister though when she comes to visit us!
AmyH-Cornwall
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-07-2010, 09:32 AM
Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
We've rented a cottage in Mevaggisey (sorry if I spelt that wrong!) Really looking forward to it. I love Cornwall. Its so beautiful!
Sounds lovely!! Mevagissey is beautiful! Are you going to visit the Eden Project? Hope you have some lovely weather while you are here! Enjoy all your dogggie walks! (if Tilly is coming)
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2010, 09:43 AM
Sounds lovely!! Mevagissey is beautiful! Are you going to visit the Eden Project? Hope you have some lovely weather while you are here! Enjoy all your dogggie walks! (if Tilly is coming)
Tilly is coming. She's looking forward to bossing a few cornish doggies around!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >