Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2008, 08:23 AM

Another Interview - Do I follow it up?

Well I had another interview yesterday Its only part time but that suits and the money is good, so anyways I thought it went well only concerns, rightly so, was the amount of time I'd had off sick, but when I explained fully they seemed to understand and my doc has said he'd happily write a letter of support.

Anyway OH took me out for lunch after and when I got home - 2 hours after interview, they had phoned my mobile twice (which I had left in the house!) Now I am maybe getting carried away but surely they wouldn't phone to say I had been unsuccessful ...would they? Well I phoned the number back and got voicemail, and then I phoned main switchboard and they close early on a Friday. So phoned back the original number and left a message. Now the problem here is I am away till Tuesday so if she tries to phone me on Monday to say ask me to contact my doc, or to see there Occupational health I won't be back till Tuesday tea time I assume I will get a signal but what if I don't I don't want them to think I am not interested because I am - very!!

I have found an email address for the lady who phoned me, so do you think I should email her or is that just mega pushy??
Chris_Collins
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-06-2008, 08:29 AM
lol, if you've just been interviewed and they get back to you THAT quickly..its obvious they're interested. your attempts to get back to them doesnt show you're pushy but interested also!

Reckon that because its the weekend, you should celebrate and try again on monday. congratulations!
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2008, 08:32 AM
Thanks Chris...I just don't want to get too excited...But I did think it positive they had tried to call me!! I was the last person they had to interview o thought that was good too, Will try phoning them again Monday - must remember to charge phone lol
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2008, 08:51 AM
Definately use all means to contact the lady, it shows initiative and that you are keen. Got to run now but will speak later.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2008, 09:37 AM
I think the same as Chris too, so well done you, I'm sure they want you. I'd e-mail that lady too and explain your reasons why, i.e. the week-end, the missed phone calls, and you won't be around until Tuesday. Fingers and paws x'd here for you now then!
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2008, 08:07 AM

Premature celebrations I am afraid. The Lady has just phoned me. She wanted to call me personally rather than just a letter as both her and the guy interviewing apparently REALLY liked me, I came across as very enthusiastic and she would have no problems with me working in her team, BUT there was someone who scored higher than me purely on experience. She hopes I will apply for other jobs within the organisation and really hopes we meet again. She also said that I seemed to worry about my sickness and she wanted to assure me that she did not have any problem with this as it was clearly genuine and was perfectly understandable.

I suppose in a way its positive and she did take the trouble to try to contact me but feel a bit shattered right now
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2008, 08:38 AM
Oohh, what a shame.

I must admit I would have thought the same as you and the others where she tried to phone you so quickly - I know her intentions were the best, but she should have considered how a call so quickly could have got your hopes up.

However, as you say, apart from not getting the job, it did sound really, really positive and I'm sure she would not have phoned you and said all those things if she didn't mean them - lets face it, it would have been much easier for her to turn you down in a letter.

Try not to feel so down - maybe an even better job with them is waiting just round the corner.
Chris_Collins
Dogsey Junior
Male 

23-06-2008, 08:44 AM
get back to her and offer thanks for the constructive and honest feedback. ask for her to keep your cv (if you gave one) on file so that if any other positions become available you can be first in the queue.

dont take this as a 'no' but as a 'wasnt the right time'.

You're lucky - most of the time people dont even get a call back to hear the 'sorry but..' speech.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2008, 08:48 AM
Originally Posted by Chris_Collins View Post
get back to her and offer thanks for the constructive and honest feedback. ask for her to keep your cv (if you gave one) on file so that if any other positions become available you can be first in the queue.

dont take this as a 'no' but as a 'wasnt the right time'.

You're lucky - most of the time people dont even get a call back to hear the 'sorry but..' speech.
Thanks Hali and Chris,

Chris when I spoke to her I thanked her for her comments and she said she hoped I would apply in the future and I said most definitely. She said my application would be kept on file for 12 months and should a similar job come up admin should contact me though they don't always get round to it.!

She did say she'd been pleased to meet me and hoped we would meet again in the near future. Its just a bit of a blow after the call on Friday...but yeah whats for me won't by me
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2008, 09:37 AM
I'm sure her explaination must have boosted your confidence though for future applications, even if this wasn't the right position for you this time. There'll be another time for you, and you never know, it might be with this same company too. If she's got any sense that woman she'll have kept your application on file for a future position I'm sure she would, but maybe you ought to do like Chris has suggested and ask them to do that for you?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >