View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2013, 04:23 PM

Ex RSPCA inspector who went public on destruction of healthy animals found hanged

"Former RSPCA inspector who blew whistle on charity for destroying healthy animals is found hanged at her home

Dawn Aubrey-Ward, 43, blew the whistle in a Mail on Sunday interview
Mother-of-four left final [a social network] message which said 'that's it, I give up'
After her claims, RSPCA tried to discredit Ms Aubrey-Ward
She was found hanged in her home in Martock, Somerset
She had apparently struggled to find work"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...nged-home.html
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2013, 04:28 PM
How terribly sad
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2013, 04:35 PM
That is so sad. Her poor children .
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-05-2013, 05:01 PM
So very sad
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2013, 05:18 PM
This lady had a lot of problems in her life. Her partner had taken his own life a year or so previously. It's tragic that anyone feels that the help is just not there for them to cope or is too ill to recognise that it is.

The RSPCA putting down huge numbers of stray animals is not an unknown issue. What I take issue with regarding the 'story' published by this poor lady is being 'forced' to put down healthy animals. No one can force you to do that - you have the choice to refuse and accept the consequences. I understand she was no longer working with RSPCA when she did the 'expose'.

I find the putting down of 'healthy' animals abhorrent. However I confess I do not have an alternative solution if rescues are full to bursting and no one wants them for rehoming.

In the north of Cyprus here they won't put them down. They are spayed and re released onto the streets in the locality where they were found with a red ear tag. This has resulted in a HUGE street dog problem and that in turn leads to indiscriminate poisoning and shooting of them by some members of the public and the poison presents a daily danger to beloved pet dogs too. Also not ideal.

Reading this I was reminded of the nurse in the hospital who was tricked by a radio station into releasing info about the Duchess when she was in there and was then 'hounded' and she too took her own life shortly afterwards.
Baxter8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-05-2013, 05:23 PM
Very very sad.

It is sad and I guess we'll never know the full truth. Taking one's own life ordinarily has more than one cause but is rather an act following a series of events, situations etc.. for example she had been the one to find her partner dead. I think linking it with her work at the RSPCA is to my mind a little misleading. The article doesn't say when she left her job.

Did anybody notice that 44% of animals they took in were PTS? That is very shocking.
Baxter8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-05-2013, 05:24 PM
Very well put.

Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
This lady had a lot of problems in her life. Her partner had taken his own life a year or so previously. It's tragic that anyone feels that the help is just not there for them to cope or is too ill to recognise that it is.

The RSPCA putting down huge numbers of stray animals is not an unknown issue. What I take issue with regarding the 'story' published by this poor lady is being 'forced' to put down healthy animals. No one can force you to do that - you have the choice to refuse and accept the consequences. I understand she was no longer working with RSPCA when she did the 'expose'.

I find the putting down of 'healthy' animals abhorrent. However I confess I do not have an alternative solution if rescues are full to bursting and no one wants them for rehoming.

In the north of Cyprus here they won't put them down. They are spayed and re released onto the streets in the locality where they were found with a red ear tag. This has resulted in a HUGE street dog problem and that in turn leads to indiscriminate poisoning and shooting of them by some members of the public and the poison presents a daily danger to beloved pet dogs too. Also not ideal.

Reading this I was reminded of the nurse in the hospital who was tricked by a radio station into releasing info about the Duchess when she was in there and was then 'hounded' and she too took her own life shortly afterwards.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-05-2013, 06:35 PM
So tragic.
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-05-2013, 06:37 PM
Such a sad story
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-05-2013, 07:19 PM
A very tragic story, my heart goes out to her children.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >