Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2007, 05:44 PM

Funny emergency stop!

Earlier this evening, we were playing with Jack, and decided that we'd never had cause to put into action his emergency stop, as I call it, at classes he drops likes a stone, but we didn't know how he would be when he wasn't expecting it, now one of the things Jack loves, is running flat out from the living room to the garden, to do this we just have to say 'go', and to get him back it's simply 'Jackie come', well we'd done this a couple of times, I was stood in the kitchen, out of his way, my son had told him 'go' and he did, I loudly and firmly told him 'down' as he got to the kitchen, and he tried, bless him, he really tried, the only trouble was although he'd put the brakes on, his momentum carried him on, he just slid straight past me, just as if he'd been on ice, I just wish I'd had the video camera going, so I could have shared it with you all! at least we know his emergency stop works!
lizziel
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-05-2007, 06:59 PM
Shame you didn't have the camera there

An emergency stop is a brilliant thing to train as you never know when it will be needed. Hopefully it never will but at least you will be prepared if you ever do