Our sister sites
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2007, 08:53 PM

My 'Mate' wants to buy Seren,Rant Alert

Its abit of a rant, so here goes,

My mate from up country owns a blue stafford called harvey, gorgeous boy he is,
anyway, when I got Seren all he went on about is how short she is, and that he doesnt like 'show' staffords, which is fair enough

Now I was talking to him afew weeks ago and I happened to mention that although Seren is black she is a dilution gene carrier, not that it matters its just we were getting into a conversation about how the colours in staffords work

Since then he has mentioned about Seren and how well she is growing, and what a fine young lady she is turning out to be, which I thought nothing of it until tonite.....

Just afew minuits ago we were talking and he asked if I would consider selling Seren to him

Now, I might just be being parinoid but Ive come to the conclusion that he wants her to put to harvey as there a good chance that they will produce blue pups
For mouths hes gone on about how short she is and what not and now, just because I mentioned she carried the dilution gene he wants to buy her

Argggg, Im so ticked off, what would you do, I polietly said no, but Im so angry with him

Advice please, and views Please
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2007, 08:58 PM
mmmmmmmmmm i think i would say b****cks.

sorry i hate it when people do that it really gets up my noise. They start by saying she is not good enough adn now ohhhh sorry mate she is more than good enough can i buy her.

you stick to your guns hun if it was a friend of mine that said that i think i would not be friends any more after every thing.

sorry
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2007, 08:59 PM
I had a similar circumstance in where a friend of mine (a very good friend up 'til then) wanted to breed her shih tzu to my mini dacchie because "the pups would be so cute and we'd make loads of money on them".

Even worse she wanted to do it on her first season when my girl was just 9 months old!

When I politely told her no, and I wasn't into breeding for finacial gain, she asked me "what do you think anyone breeds a dog for? MONEY!"

She kept on pestering and pestering as Dusty was nearing the end of her season, and even said "if you don't want to bring them up we will take them once they are born and hand rear them, we'll still give you a cut of what we make!"

Needless to say, we very seldom talk anymore!
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2007, 09:10 PM
Corrrrr, Im so angry with him
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2007, 09:13 PM
I don't blame you I'd be livid too. It's a tough thing to break that people make money from breeding dogs!
Becky
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2007, 09:32 PM
Ask him if he has any idea how many staffs get put down weekly because rescues are full to bursting and the biggest percentage of Dogs there are staffies.

I would rather educate him than fall out with him he may have know idea how bad things are for staffs at the moment.
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2007, 10:47 PM
couldn't be angry enough in my opinion... what a friend!!! I would tell him where to go, don't bother being polite... and find a new, more human friend!

xx
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2007, 10:48 PM
actually amy, very good point, didn't think of that on spur of moment. No don't fall out with him, try to educate him, but if he won't listen then go seperate ways.

xx
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2007, 07:04 AM
Before I even got as far as the whys and wherefors, none of my dogs would ever be for sale, end of.
I would also not continue with any relationship with a person whose views on breeding were so different to my own.
Just my opinion.
Doggydina
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-05-2007, 07:21 AM
I would be absolutely fuming ! ! ! No real friend would even entertain the idea that you give up your baby ! Tell him where to go ! And give your gorgeous girl a cuddle
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >