Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2007, 08:16 AM

Makes Me So Damned mad

I have just seen 2 more adverts for German Shepherd X Rottie Pups and they have been docked.
Why why why do these people think its cool to dock crossbreeds. My poor Shady was docked and is this breed. I so wish she had a tail to wag like my JRT.
These people want shooting and they must have done it themselves as surely no vet in thier right mind would dock crossbreeds.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2007, 08:18 AM
yes it is ridiculous but it make sme more sad that someone is breeding gsd rottie crosses in the first place - just another crossbreed that will add to the rescue population already.

not saying that they dont make great dogs - but why do it - we have enough dogs already.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2007, 08:25 AM
That is so sad. I see no reason for doing this on these pups except for cosmetic reasons. I would not have thought a good vet would have done this either.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2007, 08:27 AM
Exactly, we don't need crosses of any sort being bred purposly. Yes I love my girl to bits and wouldn't swap her for the world but she is completely nuerotic through bad breeding and in the wrong hands would have been dead, chained in a yard or in a rescue by now.

I want to phone and enquire to see if it is the same people as if it is the pups will only be 5 weeks old as they get rid of them at that age. Not sure what number you have to put in front before you dial thier number though so your number is witheld as I have a few things to say to them about it all and don't want them having my number to stir trouble afterwards as they are nasty pieces of work.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2007, 08:43 AM
:smt021 :smt021 :smt021 :smt021 :smt021 :smt062 :smt062 :smt062 :smt071 :smt071 :smt071 :smt075 :smt075 And the smileys are just what should be done to these ppl .#
My mum was bought a lovely little black an tan jr (or so she thought ) but its starting to look more crossed maybe with a collie or some other breed and its tail is docked and in my opinon and a friends opion it should not have been docked the tail is very thick these ppl need a good thump its bad enough breeding cross breeds but to try and make them look pure breed by docking there tails is ridculous i owned a gsd/ boxer until sadly he went to the bridge and he would have looked dam stupid with a docked tail and thank goodness they hadn tried to do so
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-05-2007, 09:28 AM
I want to phone and enquire to see if it is the same people as if it is the pups will only be 5 weeks old as they get rid of them at that age
If they are 5 weeks old and docked and are in England then they are docked illegally as it was banned at the beginning of April.
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-05-2007, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Exactly, we don't need crosses of any sort being bred purposly. Yes I love my girl to bits and wouldn't swap her for the world but she is completely nuerotic through bad breeding and in the wrong hands would have been dead, chained in a yard or in a rescue by now.

I want to phone and enquire to see if it is the same people as if it is the pups will only be 5 weeks old as they get rid of them at that age. Not sure what number you have to put in front before you dial thier number though so your number is witheld as I have a few things to say to them about it all and don't want them having my number to stir trouble afterwards as they are nasty pieces of work.
Just put 141 in front of the number you want to dail.
ebrcknrdg
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-05-2007, 09:42 AM
Thats so uneccessary! A lady approached my mom when she had minnie and said "that dogs tail is far too long" baring in mind minnie is a JRT cross. If i had been there i would have pointed out that she is in fact a cross and it is illegal now. Im sure that would have shut her up
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2007, 12:25 PM
Sadly there is probably a huge market for this sort of cross as these pups will appeal to the wrong sort of people who want a 'guard dog' but do not understand that a real guard dog is actually a very highly trained dog. They want a dog that will 'look the part' and intimidate people but will not bother to put in training and then that dog is destined to be pts or will spend the rest of it's life chained up in a yard because they are unable to cope with it.

I'm sure that this is the reason why my own rescue dog Max was 'bred' and it just makes me so angry.

If they are only 5 weeks old and have been illegally docked, maybe the RSPCA would be interested to hear about them?
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2007, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post

If they are only 5 weeks old and have been illegally docked, maybe the RSPCA would be interested to hear about them?
They just have
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >