View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2009, 09:50 AM
How were these dogs trained before electric shock devices were invented? How do people train in places where they are banned?
IMO you have choices - mine is not to deliberately cause my dog pain. To me, no prize would be worth it.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-06-2009, 09:55 AM
Originally Posted by Heldengebroed
Here is a thought

You need extreme dogs to get good dogs in the future.

It is from these extreme dogs that police and military dogs all over the world come from.

How come that a relatively small population of dogs has taken over the "title" of best breed for police and army dog from a much larger and recognized breed?

So what happens when these dogs go to countries that have banned the e.collar

Are you saying that the only way to train these dogs, is with shock aversion

If not, then why do it!!!

Not a lot to be proud of is it... breeding extreme dogs, that can only be controlled/trained by using extreme techniques.

What happens when the battery ruins out
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2009, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by Heldengebroed View Post
Here is a thought

You need extreme dogs to get good dogs in the future.

It is from these extreme dogs that police and military dogs all over the world come from.

How come that a relatively small population of dogs has taken over the "title" of best breed for police and army dog from a much larger and recognized breed?
THe recognised breed that (I assume) you are talking about (GSDs?) have now been SO over bred that they have many health issues within the breed, which ethical breeders are now trying to correct.

Why are you so sure this will not now happen with your breed? There are Malinois in this country working as service dogs - whether they will take over from GSDs is yet to be seen. However - where you have a demand you will start to get people who will try to supply no matter what the cost.

Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
How were these dogs trained before electric shock devices were invented? How do people train in places where they are banned?
IMO you have choices - mine is not to deliberately cause my dog pain. To me, no prize would be worth it.
You probably don't want to know....
Heldengebroed
Dogsey Senior
Male 

09-06-2009, 10:10 AM
As long as there is a stock of healthy dogs (thats where ringsport comes in) the risk of malinois being overbred is low. As for the GSD I'm strongly in favor of introducing ringsport elements in schtz to make it tougher and more selective. The breed would benefit from it.
As for the dog sold to Scotland. He is currently there and they finly found a handler and decoy. That dog means a leap in training for handler and decoy. They can pull the rest allong

And for training with shock adversion. I only use the E-collar to get trough his drives so that he'll listen even at a distance. The e-collar is never used to "teach" an exersize i is only used when the dog knows what he is supposed to do. As for training when the battery runs out; Very simple the training becomes less tricky for the dog. And, although they know what an e-collar can do, they don't see it as something negative. They know that they may work and have some fun with a large 1.8 m moving bitetoy

Greetings

Johan
oldshep52
Dogsey Junior
Male 

09-06-2009, 11:55 AM
Not read every post but some observations. Adder bites can be fatal to a dog. Some dogs will always remain on a lead outside their home. That may be for a number of very good reasons. It is NOT possible to cure every problem. Saw a mention of C Milan. Not been savaged to death yet?
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2009, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by oldshep52 View Post
It is NOT possible to cure every problem. Saw a mention of C Milan. Not been savaged to death yet?
I like your style!
Lene
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-06-2009, 02:31 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
What happens when the battery ruins out
The same as what happens when your TV remote control runs out of battery... You have to get off your **** and deal with it yourself...
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-06-2009, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by Lene View Post
The same as what happens when your TV remote control runs out of battery... You have to get off your **** and deal with it yourself...
oldshep52
Dogsey Junior
Male 

09-06-2009, 02:50 PM
Good, patient, calm trainers do not need electric shock collars to help them. Those that lack skill, affinity, patience and time probably do. They, however, are in the wrong job.
Heldengebroed
Dogsey Senior
Male 

09-06-2009, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by oldshep52 View Post
Good, patient, calm trainers do not need electric shock collars to help them. Those that lack skill, affinity, patience and time probably do. They, however, are in the wrong job.
As stated before train a dog and come competing in Belgium
See if you can do it.
Page 44 of 45 « First < 34 41 42 43 44 45 >