Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2007, 01:14 PM

Some People can be HORRIBLE

Just heard on the local news that a group of drunken youths are suspected to be behind a horriffic attack at a local wildlife park.

They slashed deer with craft knives and beat otters with sticks some of the other animals have been left in extreme distress one poor snowy owl ate her chicks (bless her imagine being that frightened that she felt the need to do that to protect them)

Hope they get the b*stards that did this. It happened a few years ago when horses near to the park were being slashed and their tales set on fire.

And they massacred guinea pigs a couple of years ago.

I think its about time they installed security if the council want us to pay to visit their animals and feel the need to keep them in captivity then it is their responsibility to surely ensure the animals are protected.

Kankes me so bl**dy angry...mindless violence against the defenceless
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2007, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Just heard on the local news that a group of drunken youths are suspected to be behind a horriffic attack at a local wildlife park.

They slashed deer with craft knives and beat otters with sticks some of the other animals have been left in extreme distress one poor snowy owl ate her chicks (bless her imagine being that frightened that she felt the need to do that to protect them)

Hope they get the b*stards that did this. It happened a few years ago when horses near to the park were being slashed and their tales set on fire.

And they massacred guinea pigs a couple of years ago.

I think its about time they installed security if the council want us to pay to visit their animals and feel the need to keep them in captivity then it is their responsibility to surely ensure the animals are protected.

Kankes me so bl**dy angry...mindless violence against the defenceless
Whilst I totally agree with you re: the mindless violence and cruelty, can you (or does the article) explain how they caught the Deer and Otters to do this to them? to even SEE an Otter anywhere would be a priviledge, but to be able to catch one, i would of imagined was impossible?
Dawn.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2007, 01:30 PM
I assumed they are in a pen?
Becky
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2007, 01:31 PM
Dawn,

I have no idea, except that the enclosures are fairly small (its not a particularly good zoo in my opinion), and even the otters pond is about the depth of a bath, and the deer enclosure is the side of a large paddock and surrounded by a huge fence. (again sizes of enclosures etc is My opinion)

The article didnt explain what happened but the park is reknowned for large groups of youngsters drinking (like 50 or so meeting) the police generally leave them alone as they are nopt on a housing scheme and as a whole don't bother people (because after about 6pm people don't go there!!)

No doubt there will be more in the local paper at tea time

zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2007, 01:36 PM
why dont they move the animals,to a open wildlife park?

ppl like this make me so bloody angry
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2007, 01:41 PM
http://www.stv.tv/content/news/taysi...ildlife_centre

Don't know if I am actually allowed to post links so if not please remove - thanks
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2007, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Dawn,

I have no idea, except that the enclosures are fairly small (its not a particularly good zoo in my opinion), and even the otters pond is about the depth of a bath, and the deer enclosure is the side of a large paddock and surrounded by a huge fence. (again sizes of enclosures etc is My opinion)

The article didnt explain what happened but the park is reknowned for large groups of youngsters drinking (like 50 or so meeting) the police generally leave them alone as they are nopt on a housing scheme and as a whole don't bother people (because after about 6pm people don't go there!!)

No doubt there will be more in the local paper at tea time

:smt021 :smt021 @ ME!! I didnt see the "park" bit, I thought they were wild, sorry about that. Barstools they are, hope they get everything and more they deserve!
Dawn.
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2007, 02:21 PM
How sick, what is wrong with these kids.
Something needs to be done this island is getting worse.
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2007, 02:28 PM
Some people are just pure evil, they should be the ones beaten with a big stick!! Those poor little creatures.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2007, 05:54 PM
On BBC s website too now, lets hope they have staff on hand and site now..............

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...al/6265346.stm
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >