View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2008, 02:43 PM
I agree I think its a very bad idea , I think it would be more produtive if people who wanted to walk a dog for a few hours a week and spend some time with a dog ,Should sign up at a rescue centre and do some dog walking ,And the rescue centres should vet the people though and there backgrounds to make sure they have never been prosecuted for animal cruelty or neglect first ,And if they like they could donate the money there so the staff can use the money towards feeding , blankets , toys treats etc,
xxxdk
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2008, 04:10 PM
This sounds like a terrible idea and is open to so much abuse. Next they'll be renting out kids to the families who can't afford a full time baby.

Heidi
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2008, 04:48 PM
I hate the idea as much now as I did when it came to light a few months ago.

Those people should donate to a local Rescue centre instead and vounteer to walk their dogs, if that's all they're interested in !
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2008, 05:04 PM
Great replies everyone , Thanks for all your views xxdk
workinggsd
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-04-2008, 05:23 PM
Dog homes are always on the look out for helpers, that would make more sence to me,than these time share pooches, Just another way to make money using the poor dogs as you can guess i'm against it
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2008, 01:11 AM
Originally Posted by dollyknockers View Post
I agree I think its a very bad idea , I think it would be more produtive if people who wanted to walk a dog for a few hours a week and spend some time with a dog ,Should sign up at a rescue centre and do some dog walking ,And the rescue centres should vet the people though and there backgrounds to make sure they have never been prosecuted for animal cruelty or neglect first ,And if they like they could donate the money there so the staff can use the money towards feeding , blankets , toys treats etc,
xxxdk
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
I hate the idea as much now as I did when it came to light a few months ago.

Those people should donate to a local Rescue centre instead and vounteer to walk their dogs, if that's all they're interested in !
Originally Posted by workinggsd View Post
Dog homes are always on the look out for helpers, that would make more sence to me,than these time share pooches, Just another way to make money using the poor dogs as you can guess i'm against it
i havent read all the posts but totally agree withthese, why not walk resuce dogs?

jsut seems common sence to me!
Heidi1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-04-2008, 08:44 AM
A true dog lover would not want to rent a dog, as they would be too concerned for the dog's welfare being rented out and not having a proper home and life. Why can't people volunteer at Dogs Trust if they want to walk a dog.
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7