Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-12-2006, 12:02 AM

Ungrateful git! (Bullmastiff)

I went to a dog show yesterday and browsed the trade stands for anything intresting (saw prams for dogs!?).I couldnt help but notice the stall which was flogging treats cause it stunk badly and i bought Vegas a venison bone.

The git has only had a nibble on it once!!!

This was yesterday though just after i gave him it.
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2006, 12:05 AM
aww vegas your dad is being mean calling you a git aww naughty steve my two would of eaten that within minutes aw vegas come live with me i will give you nice lamb bones
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-12-2006, 12:13 AM
I admit that he has spent a lot of time sleeping recently cause i've taken him out for several hours at a time and it knackers him.He always goes about at 100mph and dont slow down!

Having to keep an eye on him anyway cause my sisters 2 Boxers have kennel cough and he was playing with them just before they were diagnosed so am keeping my fingers crossed he hasnt got it.
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2006, 12:16 AM
oh no steve what a real stinker you sister must be shocked for her babes to have this i hope vegas dosent fingers crossed for you and him
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-12-2006, 12:27 AM
It never even entered my head that what they had was kennel cough Jen cause everytime i've heard it-it tends to be a hacking cough.Hers sound like a whoopee cushion (honestly!) and thought she had scratched her throat with a twig or something.Lola got it first then Zeb started the day after.

Havent a clue what the incubation period is for KC,but Vegas played with them both on wednesday before anyone knew what it was and hasnt (touch wood!!!) shown any signs of it.
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2006, 12:29 AM
oh no what a shock for you all poor babes not a very nice thing to go down with sending loads and loads of postive vibes your way that vegas misses getting it
teenytiny
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-12-2006, 12:33 AM
Georgie doesn't like those bones either!
I usually buy a couple and take them down to his dad (American Bulldog) who kills the bone in seconds...he literally snaps the bone clean in half, then starts to munch on it!

Fingers crossed Vegas won't get KC
teenytiny
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-12-2006, 12:34 AM
Sorry forgot to ask...
How old is Vegas?
My dad has a bullmastiff, well sweet dogs
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-12-2006, 12:40 AM
Originally Posted by teenytiny View Post
Sorry forgot to ask...
How old is Vegas?
My dad has a bullmastiff, well sweet dogs
He's 2 years and 8 months old,but acts like a little puppy! Not pure Bullmastiff though-the other bit is American Bulldog which effectivly makes him a Bandogge,but im not so keen on this name.When people ask,i just say BM so not to confuse anyone!
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2006, 12:41 AM
Hi Steve, Well at least you tried with the venison bone for Vegas. With regard to kennel cough the incubation period is anything between 3 - 10 days..6 days is the average and so fingers crossed.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >