Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
would you expect 30 or so Goldies to run round the ring in a line together at the start so the judge can assess movement. Just ridiculous
And I've lost count of the number of times at agility comps the handler has had to chase the dog to get it back on a lead. Am I the only one who shows on here who's sick to the back teeth of people with little or no understanding of what we do trying to tell us how to do it better.
(By the way that was a general comment having just read the thread not aimed at you Lyn)
That wasn't what was suggested was it? If you read the post it says the dogs were in the ring individually----which is what I was replying to.

I also said obedience and HTM NOT agility and flyball---although I then explained my own expectations in both of those sports.

Agility doesn't consist of loads of dogs running off----it would be chaos if it did LOL at that!

rune
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
yep, its like people not catching their dogs at the end of an agility run, but this is seen as ok because theyve done their run, can you imagine the bother we would have if we let the dogs in the ring with no leads, say 14, in a class, usually at least another ring either side with a different breed in, so say we have 42 dogs, all off lead, it wouldnt be responsible!! you wouldnt have 42 dogs all offlead in a park without a problem of some description occuring, so dont see why it would be acceptable in a ring.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
what are the faces for?
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 06:18 PM
what are the faces for?
they are 'confused' smilies r they not?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
You mean like the obedience and HTM and other demo dogs?

rune
Are you telling me that high stepping almost unco-ordinated action in obedience, is natural?
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 06:19 PM
they are 'confused' smilies r they not?
well read my other posts then and you will see what i mean about the running off. ive explained it.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 06:21 PM
well read my other posts then and you will see what i mean about the running off. ive explained it.
i also think u are clutching at straws..u keep trying to make it agility versus showing..... btw have i said anything bad about showing? ermm no
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 06:23 PM
i also think u are clutching at straws..u keep trying to make it agility versus showing..... btw have i said anything bad about showing? ermm no
im not saying that. my point was about having a dog in the show ring, off lead, and controlling it, which was meant to be perfectly acceptable. so i said about them not being perfectly obedient in agility when a dog ran away from its handler at the end. that was my point, a dog wasnt completely controlable off lead in agility, just like a dog wouldnt be in the show ring if you tried to show it offlead.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-03-2011, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
I am struggling to work out how why a 'natural' gait has to be artificially helped?

rune
Artificially, by rider riding horse into the bridle, naturally horse carrying himself
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 06:30 PM
im not saying that. my point was about having a dog in the show ring, off lead, and controlling it, which was meant to be perfectly acceptable. so i said about them not being perfectly obedient in agility when a dog ran away from its handler at the end. that was my point, a dog wasnt completely controlable off lead in agility, just like a dog wouldnt be in the show ring if you tried to show it offlead.
prob to its other owner or toy

erm,if a dog is not controllable offlead it shouldn't be doing agility

either way two wrongs dont make a right.
Page 14 of 28 « First < 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 > Last »