Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2006, 04:35 PM

Is nature diet beter then natures menu?

I have been reading lots of rave reviews on nature diet recently, and some people have said nature diet is the beter of the two foods, is this the case? I feed loki on the frozen bags of natures menu, I dont intend to change his food right now because I feel hes changed foods enough already durring my seach for a food that would agree with him, Im just curious really!

Also Loki he seems healthy and happy but he never seems to put weight on and I think and have kind of been told this is just because hes such a high energy dog and he is ment to be fairly slim anyway, you can feel but not see his ribs which I know is the usual test for if they are over weight but I think the fur makes it an inacurate test of id their under weight! I read that for high energy dogs a working dog food may be beter to help them put on weight, but I had thought this would give him more energy and make him more hyper As I said before not looking to change his food right now more curious then anything as this is what someone suggested to me to get him to put on abit of weight
elvis's_Mummy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-12-2006, 10:21 AM
Well... Elvis was on Natures Menu and was ok, and then suddenly for some reason stopped eating it, the trouble was because it was wet I was finding I was throwing it away alot depending if he touched it or not.

So in the end I decided to go to Nature diet and have not looked back (yet)!!! Its great elvis has never had an appetite really but with this you can put it in the microwave for 60 secs and the smell gets him going. He has never once left this and licks the bowl clean.

Another huge benifit is his poop, he only has a couple of marbles and they are hard (sorry gross i know), so easy to pick up and good for his IBS.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2006, 05:31 PM
I thought they were both similar, except you get more NatureDiet in a pack than you do with Natures Menu? I'm talking about the off-the-shelf ones, not frozen raw meat.
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2006, 10:47 AM
I get the frozen natures menu complete meal, I worked out the nature diet would cost quite abit more so it would have to be alot beter then natures menu for me to change over, Id always thought they were much the same until someone told me recently natures menu wasnt as good
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2006, 10:48 AM
Originally Posted by elvis's_Mummy View Post
Well... Elvis was on Natures Menu and was ok, and then suddenly for some reason stopped eating it, the trouble was because it was wet I was finding I was throwing it away alot depending if he touched it or not.

So in the end I decided to go to Nature diet and have not looked back (yet)!!! Its great elvis has never had an appetite really but with this you can put it in the microwave for 60 secs and the smell gets him going. He has never once left this and licks the bowl clean.

Another huge benifit is his poop, he only has a couple of marbles and they are hard (sorry gross i know), so easy to pick up and good for his IBS.
Sounds like hes doing really well on it! Maybe something to think of for the future! Loki is eating his food fine at the moment so I dont really want to rock the boat without a need to!
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2006, 11:04 AM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I thought they were both similar, except you get more NatureDiet in a pack than you do with Natures Menu? I'm talking about the off-the-shelf ones, not frozen raw meat.
Thats what we thought. So we let the dogs decide, they tried both and weren't as keen on the NatureDiet so we feed the Natures Menu as part of their diet.
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2006, 12:34 PM
Interesting ! I didn't know Natures menu did a frozen complete,will have a look at it when i see it.
Earlier in the year we had alot of problems getting hold of Nature diet and so i found the next best thing was Natures menu,i would say the only thing i didn't like about it was it was really oily and oozed out the packet , i would usually end up getting squirted with smelly dog food !!! LOL !
I would compare the anayalis (spelt that wrong didn't i ?) on the back of each food,see if theres much difference in protein etc...Although as i recall i don't think theres much in it.Alfie n Daisy have Wagg and Nature diet,along with fish and veggies through the week so their diets are varied but as i said if i can't get hold of ND i buy Nature menu,i think it is a good food.
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2006, 01:36 PM
I prefer the Nature Diet. The dogs love it heated up as well.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2006, 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
Thats what we thought. So we let the dogs decide, they tried both and weren't as keen on the NatureDiet so we feed the Natures Menu as part of their diet.
That's interesting. I feed Loki mainly raw but we do sometimes give a bit of NatureDiet. He prefers Nature Menu too and I must admit it looks nicer.
teenytiny
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-12-2006, 09:44 PM
OMG I fed Georgie a pouch of natures menu today he's not had it before The smell coming out of him this eveing is not very nice at all I cannot believe it He absolutly adored the food, that's not the problem....but OMG it makes him STINK
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >