Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2023, 09:18 AM

Sunshine Sunday 5.11.23

Well Good morning everyone its sunshine here today all day I believe and tomorrow so may cut the grass tomorrow if the rain holds off today and this nice breeze continues.

My eldest nieces birthday today where has time gone. She and her fiance are at Westonbirt, The National Arboretum, Gloucestershire for the Autumnal colour trying out one of her new lenses for the camera and or sketching I imagine.

Griff It all sounds a living nightmare for all concerned. Especially your Mom.

Brenda Hope you are out enjoying your moring walk and that you too have sunshine.

Chris Hope all went well at the opticians and it is as you suspect. Ted sounds like a "almost grown up little by now"

Lynn One sleep less and I am sure he will be great after this he has landed firmly on four paws aith people who know what to watch for and how to deal with issues.

Sue Enjoy your day autumnal tree gazing as well.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2023, 09:22 AM
Morning Kazz and all to follow. Yep been for a lovely walk along the beach and found a beautiful shell. It is pink and white and sort of scalloped shape. Not very large. Anyway Lynn do try to do some obedience work with Brewster indoors. It will keep him grounded and tire him. Brain work as well as obedience work. You know he can do it. Use a primula cheese tube that will keep him focused. I know I am at it again trying to help people solve problems. It is in me. lol!! Have a good day everyone.
Here is the fascinating word for today:Oogamies
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2023, 09:46 AM
Good morning Kazz and Brenda

Hope the rain holds off for you and yo can mow the grass tomorrow Kazz

Pleased you enjoyed your walk Brenda

Lovely morning here. Teazle walked and veg for lunch done. Have also made the Christmas cake which is now in the oven. He who must be obeyed decided we are not going out today after moaning that Paul was coming with us. Well Paul isn't here as no trains in this direction due to flooding yesterday. If he moans we never go anywhere I might just kill him. He does it all the time even during the summer holidays he would change is mind. I have given up.

Take care everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-11-2023, 10:18 AM
Morning Kazz, brenda, Sue and all to follow.
Nice and sunny here today. A tad on the chilly side but it is November.
Good night with Brewster till 4.15 then the itching got the better of him and that goes on and off for around an hour then he settles again till breakfast and medication.
He was asking for breakfast at 6.40 and seeing as it takes almost 20 mins to load it with medication and supplements I started it.
He has a bit of an itchy morning today so I have ordered some Loratidine to give him to help with the itching, I have checked online and it appears not to act in a bad way with the Tradozone so we will give it a go poor boy needs something to take the edge off.
We can but try.
He has just finished gnawing on a marrow bone and is now settled by the patio door which we leave a crack in so he can at least sniff the air if not allowed physically to be out there.
We had a little naughtiness this morning but not as bad as yesterday. He is so frustrated.
brenda he is learning nicely now to have his collar and lead on at the door and to have it taken off to when he comes in, he is digging his heels in at the door but usually the word biscuit gets him the rest of the way in.
When he is awake we do some training with him in small short bursts.
My turn for the bed tonight Gorden is on sofa duty.
My turn for Freya tomorrow.

Yes Kazz one more sleep down, I was actually saying to Gorden surely Wednesday the day he had his op counts as a day, as he was mostly out of it. If so that makes today 5 days.
We can not count the days positively I guess till the 29th and we have the phone consultation and the vet has looked at the videos we have to send and he is happy he is walking well and then hopefully he can be allowed in the garden free range but being sensible and maybe the odd bit of exercise. No mad running about though which to be honest even without the operation he would not be doing as the males have to be carefully nurtured till at 18 months old for the joints.

Kazz enjoy your day.
brenda glad you had a nice walk, and thanks for the tip no primula cheese though, I am sure he wouldn't mind a bit of cheddar instead.
Sue sorry your day has been spoiled.
Chris I hope there weren't too many fireworks to worry Teddy last night.
griff I hope today is a kinder day to you and your mum.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2023, 10:50 AM
Well bit of washing on the line towels from shower and nightware took the chance. All work washing also done I much prefer my washing line dried as much as I can escepcially as I have had this cold kill the bugs LOL

Lynn pleased it has been a goodish morning for you all and glad you get the bed tonight.
Sue what on earth is wrong with Paul going with you? sorry you could not go my niece says via text the colour is beautiful, and everyone is saying the colour is a little later this year so seems theyhave struck lucky.
Brenda your shell sounds like a perfect find for a perfect day.

Right off out to Sainsburys a nice walk then back for the roast chicken from yesterday with a roast dinner and a bit of book reading started a ncew book in my current series very different and enjoyable.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2023, 12:57 PM
Good afternoon all.

Dried up here about 10 am and has been dry with a mix of cloud and sun since.

Dave had to hurry back mid 'walk' this morning as they have upped his meds and even though this was the first of three increases, it has given him the runs big time. The same happened before when they increased it.

I certainly hope there's a viable alternative because his blood glucose is through the roof

The optician found that the lens in the right eye has clouded over so she has sent a referral for laser treatment. She says it only needs doing once and the cloudiness won't return. She said it's pretty rare for the lens to cloud over but it does happen. I told her I'm a pretty rare type of gal

Got Gary's washing done yesterday and now have to do ours

Glad the laddo is a bit more settled today Lynn. Let's hope that continues day by day

Do you do anything with the shells Brenda? On the Harry Potter front. We watch the seven films during December. It's sort of because a Christmas tradition. That and watching Scrooge films

Sorry your dad is giving your mum grief again, Kelly
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-11-2023, 03:02 PM
Oh poor Dave Chris glad he made it home in time.
I'm hoping the laser option is the better option for you. Sounds as if could be.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2023, 03:06 PM
Chris a lot of the normal shells I put outside round the back of the flats but really pretty ones I keep indoors on the coffee table by my healing stones and crystal and odd shaped stones. One is like a cat shape. Very sunny here till just now so no heating having to be put on at all.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-11-2023, 04:07 PM
What Sue didn't mention is it would have cost us £30 plus fuel costs to go where we were going. I thought better the money went towards our holiday on the Douro River trip in Portugal next year instead.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2023, 05:25 PM
Evening all
Hoping everyone makes it through tonight with the fireworks, they have just started here and my 2 have their balls....they don't generally have them in the house
I won't say too much as I am sure you are all bored to tears with my problems but things took a drastic turn for the worse last night and I now no longer have a relationship with my dad. I have had enough as has mum and we need to protect ourselves...so that's what we will do
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >