Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2023, 07:50 AM

Saturated Saturday 4th November 2023

Morning all. Yep chucking it down here. Which doesn't bode well for a dry delivery this afternoon from Tesco. Hope you all have a good day. Pleased to hear Ted has eaten. Hope Brewster is ok. Off to watch Birds of a Feather. I know how to have fun.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-11-2023, 08:48 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
It's not raining yet, but looks like it will.
Brewster has been a s*d this morning. The Trazodone has taken longer to kick in and trying to keep him on all 4 paws has given me tourettes.
I feel mean shouting and swearing at him but I am already thinking what if he does damage how much longer over the 4 weeks can we manage and can he manage being on lead only to toilet breaks, he has had a cr*p life so far being on garden arrest till we found the issue.
My mental health is taking a bashing with all this stress and worrying.
He is now calm and sleeping, later I will give him a brush after shouting at him and throwing his chew across the room in frustration.
We have a brain game arriving later today so that might help too.
I know people say crates, he would settle possibly the same as he is now the Trazodone has kicked in but he would be a bucking bronco bringing him out to pop his lead on to take him into the garden for his toilet break and we fear be even worse.
We will get there I guess. Sorry rant over.

brenda I hope the Tesco delivery isn't too soggy.
Chris I hope the fireworks get rained off. Local to here some displays are cancelled due to fields and car parks being too soggy.
So fingers crossed it rains and it keeps the idiots at home indoors too. I guess we will get even more on New Years though.
Poor Ted 2 hours and 20 mins I mean who has the money ? Obviously some do.
griff hoping you have a good day.
Kazz you also.
Sue a Busy weekend or a quieter one ? Hopefully a quieter one.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2023, 08:48 AM
Good morning Brenda and all to folow

Totally chucking it down here so glad now I went out yesterday today will be a in the house all day I am hoping/trying to shift the last of my "cold" reading my book and letting the roast chicken and stuffing roasting in the oven later work miraces on my taste buds. LOL

I am having a nice relaxing breakfast this morning Salmon, scrambled eggs, toms and toast with coffee. Still doing my plan of eating oily fish 3 times a week.

But my day will be pottering in the house and reading watching TV catching up on the phone with people. Just seen on [a social network] my cousin and his wife are in Florida at their other home for his birthday which means for the family meal 1st Dec they will be looking well as we all shiver and look like milk bottles.

Brenda At least the shoping is coming to you and you are not going to it in this weather Brrrrr and wet.

Chris AT least he is not scared of them, and given the fact they let them off yesterday maybe means thats them done for the year. The "hullaballo" on face book may even make them cautious as someone in the village will know who they are. Glad Ted is back to eating he is growing up he sound a real charmer and a cracking chap. Who lights up your lives.

Lynn Glad Brewster is home and on the mend not 4 weeks confined to lead now its 3 weeks and a few days LOL. This operation and effort put in all bodes well for his future as a camping dog. He will be good especially now he does not think you are starving him good thinking moving to two meals a day now.

Sue. Hope not too much flooding on the roads if you are out and about, if nothing else its watering our "new" lawn. Have you been besieged by the girls Christmas lists yet?

Griff I imagine you are as wet there as we are here, how is everything?

Right off for breakie self cooked.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2023, 08:51 AM
Lynn we crossed tsmack on the nose 8.48 Brewster will be fine. The vet is giving guidance and realised I am sure the activety level of a young fit dog. Brain game shoul work can you take him out in the car "for a drive" scenery change>?
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2023, 09:14 AM
Good morning everyone

Hope shopping arrives during a lull in the rain Brenda

Por Brewster and you Lynn. Hopefully the brain game will give you a bit more rest but you will be alright at the end and you will all be able to enjoy your coming trips with a healthy dog.

Enjoy your pottering today Kazz

Good that Ted at last ate some food.

Wet and windy here so no going out. Hopefully tomorrow will be fine as have booked a car parking space at Sheffield Park (National True property) for the autumn colours - if there are any leaves left after all this wind and rain. Meant to be sunny tomorrow so fingers crossed.

Tke care everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-11-2023, 09:50 AM
Sounds like a similar day to our day Kazz.
We could take him out in the car but he has to use the ramp so that's pressure up and down the ramp on his shoulder so probably best left for vet visits only.
I really do not want to over do that healing and end up back to square one.
The vet did say the odd bounce here and there is ok and to be honest 1-3 minutes of intermittent bouncing against the amount of time in the day that he rests thanks to the Tradozone is possibly not going to do that much harm.
It just caught up with me. after all we've been through all we've got to get through and the cold now gone has not had me feeling my best it all just overwhelmed me today.

Sue tomorrow sounds lovely, keeping fingers crossed some leaves are left.
Yep I think we are so close to having a fit dog and yet it seems so far away and a real uphill struggle to get there. We ill though.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2023, 10:29 AM
Sue that sounds brilliant for tomorrow enjoy sure you they will save some leaves for you. Sometimes I I think I myself am guilty of not enjoying the fact of simply staying home.

Lynn Yes being a bit under the weather always bring me to look on the "sad what if side of life" I think and please accept my apologises if I am wrong but you got Brewster after copious and thorough checking data research and expected a healthy young dog. Now you are almost plumeted back to vets and appointments so your heart would feel sad. The good thing is he is at his youthful peak and when he gets through this and he will with the two of you he will be bouncing with joy and you will let slide intoi memory what it took to get him there. Your expectations/hopes have been slightly tarnished by this but you have a very clever loving boy with a sense of fun. Just a few more sleeps and you will be there. Stay positive, get some white sage and burn away the negativity..
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2023, 11:38 AM
Good morning all

We caught an hour or so of dry weather so went out on the old scooters (just in case the rain started early) so we got our breakfast and Ted got a walk

Lynn, I've had the odd day of despair wondering what the hell I was thinking getting a pup. I think it's fairly natural as we are older and pups are still just as obnoxious at times
y
Ted is 7 and a half months now and is finally settling into our routine and showing progress and those days seem to have mostly vanished. Hang in there, he will grow up and you will get him through his recovery and then it's onto the fun stuff with him and he can be naughty without you worrying <hugs>

Opticians early afternoon. I'm dreading what they will say because although Dave does most of the driving, I do still drive myself and it would cause major difficulties if they say I can't drive anymore. I'm hoping the massive decline in one eye is due to the lens they put in in the cateract op a couple of years ago and that a new lens will fix it. That's my hope anyway because that is my 'good' eye
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-11-2023, 12:19 PM
Kazz yes 18 months of research. It seems this is mostly genetic. The amount of puppies I refused because although one parent was tested that dog was being used on untested dogs.
There are not many if any breeders that scan shoulders, they do in Eastern Europe far more.
Brewsters Sire is an import and he comes from a line linked to Ukraine. This is the first time he has been used and the first time the dam has been used. The breeder is a lovely person and is a small time judge but none the less knows what she's looking at.
Both dogs tested for elbows, hips histio a cancer that runs through our breed and degenerative myelopathy. All good results.
Of course nothing is guaranteed especially with this breed and we know that but this disappointment this young and him and us being confined and not being able to do all the things we had planned is to be honest soul destroying.

It does seem though from people I have spoken to and the breeder herself who was showing Brewsters mum last week there are lot of lame puppies out there, 2 she met were lame. The guy who I spoke to at the end of August who owned the boy with down pasterns which are now better he is now lame and Brewsters breeder saw him at the weekend and said he has something seriously bad with his leg, could be what we were fearing limb deformity.
Brewster and us have got off lightly and it being in the shoulder is the best place if they are going to get it for a good recovery.
He is a naughty mouthy boy but we feel it is mostly down to frustration and who can blame him. So far he has had very little life.
We will get there but we really didn't expect this much heartache so early on and so young.
Onwards and upwards now and I have to keep reminding myself of that.
Brewster can never be bred from not that that was our intention and the word out there is neither should his sire or his dam or the siblings, we know Izzy we will not be used again we hope Ajax won't either or the litter.
We have to speak to the referral vet to ask about the likelihood of it being genetic or environmental and if genetic his opinion on what we should say about his siblings and his sire.

Chris Ted is coming along so nicely. Fingers crossed for the eye appointment and that it turns out the best for you.
All the puppies have endorsement s on them for not breeding without the breeders consent and help but as we all know not everyone has integrity, morals or ethics.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2023, 01:15 PM
Afternoon all
Brenda, hope your shopping arrives dry!
Chris, pleased that Ted is being a good lad and eating too!
Sue, hoping for good weather for you tomorrow
Kazz, get yourself a spray tan and tell them you vacated at the Costa del Brum!
Lynn, I regularly shout at my 2, I get wound up very quickly now but tbh, they are just words and they soon forget them, most of the problems stem from my dad. Brewster has come to the right home, you didn't get into this just buying a dog off gumtree, you did your research and sadly, just like having kids....some dogs have problems and others don't...he will come right, try to get yourself out for half an hour..... Gorden too.
Kazz, you asked how things are, not great, my dad is causing us a great deal of stress. The pub he used to go in has changed hands, the lads he goes out with on a Friday went in last night, he was told he can never set foot in there again as he can't be trusted, he kept on and on about it, mentioning it a few times this week and several times yesterday.....the ugly b*tch he had an affair with still works there. I trust him that little that he went out last night and in the p*ssing down rain, I walked up to the pub to see if his car was there.....it wasn't luckily. Today, he apparently sent a message to his mates and said " how was the festival last night?" Got a message back and he was all like...oh finally, I got a response to my message, the response was "great, a real hidden gem" my mu just said well, it's a shame, you can't go innthee as you can't be trusted and I f you go in, find somewhere else to live....he turned around and said "easy enough"!! Then looked appalled when I threw his sick note across the room and told him he can sort his effin self out. I am supposed to avoid stress and all he does is pile stress on me, I will never forgive him for what he did to my mum...or me but more my mum. I don't tell him anything that goes on in my life as it's nothing to do with him...I can't believe he is so thick, or he is doing it deliberately. I am really really angry as Steve and I have bought them both new mobile phones for Christmas and now I am just thinking that's hundreds....for someone who really doesn't deserve it
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >