Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2023, 07:35 AM

Funny Friday 3rd November 2023

Morning all. Yep I had to laugh this morning as I listened to Farming Today. Apparently a lady sheep farmer was advised to use Lnyx Africa spray on her rams to calm them down and it worked. So she uses it all the time. Yep tripe does smell that is why some dogs love it. Also dogs like the smell of meat cooking in a microwave as it gives out waves of aroma when cooking, hence the word microwave. Don't cook the tripe Chris. Have a good day everyone.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2023, 08:25 AM
Good Morning Brenda and all to follow

Brenda that made me smile as well do you think the rams have watched the Lynx advert and know its Lynx Africa and ae dubious of attracting Lions but very odd that it works.

Right not much planned for today. Pottrer to Sainsburys and then if the rain holds off stays dryish today may cut the grass tomorrow (may be the last time) Have a good day all catch you all later pooping the wtowels from my shower on the line as rinsed through now.

Catch you all later
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2023, 08:38 AM
Okay back washing on line 2nd load in it is breezy.

Lynn Hope the rat issue is resolved even if mesaures drastic measures are called for. 4 weeks is a long time for a pup but as ou saya drop in the ocean for his lifetime and the news from the vets sounds very encouraging. Also means he will be well on the way to recovery and normality by Christmas so good timing.

Chris I think I have said my friends Yorkie nor Burt the Chi seem to me to eat anything but I am judging on Staffs who eat everything. LOL
Maybe microwaving a little will help it helped with my old cat when he was poorly last the smell got him mind you he also ate proper spagehetti with his bologanise (cat version)
Hope you get the finaicial side sorted for Gary seems like this is the right time to start to take that "step away" while still present.

Sue Hope you had/are having a safe journey today.

Griff HAve a good and safe day.

Right off I shoot again someone at the door.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-11-2023, 10:27 AM
Morning brenda, Kazz and all to follow.
Cold and breezy here and lovely and bright.
Brester did well during the night till 4 am then out on the lead, which he is now already fed up with.
At 5 am took him out again as he asked and he decided he wanted to lie outside as usual so I stood outside at 5 am, he did decide after 5 minutes and some coaxing to come back in.
He is really hungry due to missing out on nearly all his meals Tuesday and Wednesday.
I was cooking him scrambled eggs at 5 am after coming in from the garden.
He also had the last piece of chicken breast I had cooked for him.
Today he is back on his normal meals and we are now taking the opportunity to feed twice daily.
The Trazodone is working but doesn't knock him out completely it does however take the edge off which is helpful.

brenda that is an interesting story.
Kazz I hope the washing dries.
Sue I hope the roads were much better today.
griff I hope you are feeling better today.
Chris have you bought raw green tripe or canned such as Butchers ? I have everything crossed Teddy likes it.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-11-2023, 11:50 AM
big garden lawn clear up this morning to get rid of all the dead branches and leaves . Llooks a bit better now although the flower beds etc need a clearout
as well. trip to the dump next week
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2023, 12:48 PM
Good afternoon

Love that the sheeplike Lynx Africa wonder if it will out the ewes off

Good that Brewster is managing to bee quite good. So hard for a puppy not to bounce everywhere. Hope the rat problem is now solved

Hope washing drys Kazz

Out early to take Maria for her hospital appointment at 8.15am. Got her back to school just before ten then home, walked Teazle, helped Barry bag up the leaves, cook lunch and just done the ironing. Now a quick coffee before heading out again.

Take care everyone.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-11-2023, 02:07 PM
I was wondering if aliens actually exist? So many UFO sightings recorded
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2023, 06:18 PM
Good evening all

Was nice this morning so enjoyed our morning.

Ted is back to normal thank heavens and has had two lots of chicken today. After 3 days of little to nothing, I think it caught up with him.

It's Butchers tripe not the raw stuff. I know I wouldn't be able to cope with the smell. My dad used to love it, but mam cooked it after we set off to school and threw all the windows open, but it still made me want to throw up by the time I got home from school.

Gary's washing done and now just ours to sort out so a fun afternoon

Brewster will hopefully settle into the new routine for you Lynn and although four weeks sounds like a lifetime, it will pass and then Brewster can go out for walks with you as he should rather than coming home in pain.

I was chuffed to bits this morning. Ted passed a few dogs while down on the floor without a murmur. It looks like the make-shift training technique actually worked
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-11-2023, 08:40 PM
That's good news Chris.
You don't want bleached tripe if feeding to dogs you need the green tripe.
Never cook that it will stink the house out for months.
Brewster loves it.

Yes Chris 4 weeks is nothing considering he has been under garden arrest mostly since bringing him home, first pasterns, then this limp which is now sorted (hopefully).
He was allowed to be free in the garden so could come and go as he pleased but for the next 4 weeks it is strictly collar and lead.
Fireworks going off tonight seems he isn't a fan, mind you they were very close and loud and he has only ever heard them once before in the distance, tonight they were a bit too close to home.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2023, 10:42 PM
I kid you not, we had 2 hours and 20 minutes of the damned things and Ted thought it was his job to tell them off.

We usually get 20 minutes tops from the put down the road and that's it. Looks like there's a newcomer in the village and everyone is ranting about it on FB