View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-11-2023, 03:53 PM
Good afternoon all and thank you for the good wishes for Brewster.
We picked him up at around 12. It was mentioned he is bouncy so hard to examine, mouthy which I guess is better than bitey and he chewed through his intravenous line.
He is already walking better the discharge nurse said but of course he has to do his 4 weeks room rest and toileting only on a collar and lead.
We get a video assessment on 29th November. We send videos in 2 to 3 days before and the phone consultation on the 29th after the vet has watched the videos to give his verdict.
He is wearing a tee shirt to hopefully stop him damaging the wound when he scratches and if necessary we will pop a sock on the offending paw.
He has eaten some scrambled eggs and he has poached chicken for later then tomorrow he can go back on his normal diet.
We have fingers crossed he tolerates all his medication. Trazadone seems to be doing the trick keeping him quiet and sleepy.
He is also on the children's equivalent of Calpol, pardale a painkiller and the knock out pills which I feel mean about but we have to get him through the next 4 weeks without any incidents and healed so he can resume normal life and so can we.
The piece of cartilage they removed was much bigger than expected we were shocked and the vet nurse said no wonder he was limping and she thinks he is already walking better.
The rat situation is the rat is in the bathroom still and we keep all doors shut.
We did hear it briefly last night but not showing it had come into the room so maybe it's trying to find its way out after getting itself in through the door.
Today it is hard hitting time, expanding foam and it will get stuck behind the piping and unfortunately die there.
It seemed like living back at Upwell except this is one rat and not as bold as they were at Upwell and of course there ere far too many there.

We met some dreadful rain in places coming home. It's one of those storms that is hard to track as it isn't typically doing what storms do it changes frequently.
I think France looks to be hard hit and if they are it might miss us altogether. I think the Isle of Wight was also mentioned.
I think it's a wait and see scenario batten down the hatches in case.

brenda glad you got a walk.
Chris those forms are the bain of one's life. Glad Ted is settled regarding sleep as for food what about turkey mince lightly cooked or beef ?
Kazz I hope you are having a good day.
Sue I hope the roads remain passable and don't make dropping off and picking up the girls too much of a hassle.
griff same as the others did you manage to get an appointment ?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2023, 04:40 PM
Lynn, chuffed the boy is doing so well and don't be feeling bad about sedating him, I have to do it every time Kota has a relapse, the way I see it is I am preventing long term harm and likewise, you are aiding Brewsters recovery. Pleased he is walking much better
Chris, sorry Ted is sick, I can only suggest tuna or maybe some liver cake?? Apparently even the fussiest of pooches can't resist
I got an appointment, the lady wasn't very good, I am struggling to get my breath when walking, the sweat is rolling out of me and my face goes bright red, all I could get out of her was " your lungs sound clear" wel,.my lungs sounded clear at my worst but I only had a third of my lungs. I said I don't want to say much to my consultant as he will want a chest x-ray which I then need to pay for as I am self funded....she said really?? Is that what they do,.make you pay!!! It's self funded private care, what does she think he would do, treat me for free??
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2023, 05:05 PM
Aw Lynn, It sounds like he is doing wonderfully well. I don't envy you the next four weeks though, but well worth it if he can get back to being a normal little puppy.

Mince is out for Ted. He won't touch it nor anything in gravy or jelly - hence the problem with canned meats. He's such a picky eater and chicken done in the microwave is the only thing we've found so far that he will eat. In desperation, I've just ordered some diced beef to see if he will eat that.

Liver cake he thinks is poison - did I mention I have a very picky dog ?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-11-2023, 06:05 PM
Oh no Chris. The beef chunks fingers crossed will work.
We are not looking forward to the next 4 weeks but we have mostly done only garden since 5th September when we went on his vit c journey, so I guess another 4 weeks possibly 6 is a drop in the ocean to what we have been doing.
The only thing is although in the garden he was free reign at the moment it is strictly collar and lead.
If we get a healthy puppy from it who can walk distance and run about and not limp and be pain free we will get through it.
His breeder offered to come and sit if we needed a break She is Nottingham and has his Sister and his mum so e shall not call on her but keep her updated. We will be taking it in turns to sleep on the sofa for the next 4 weeks to monitor the scratching and take him on and out if necessary. It will also stop him wanting to sleep on Gorden's side of the bed then move and have to manoeuvre around tight corners while his shoulder is healing.
We will be cream crackered but what can you do ?
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2023, 06:17 PM
Good e ending

Pleased Brewster is home and things are looking good. Don't feel bd about sedating him better that than doing harm to himself.

Sorry your appointment was not good Kelly.

Keep trying Chris there must be something out there that he will eat. As suggested turkey might be to his taste, fussy little devil

Well I had to pick Maria up this afternoon and then take her go gymnastics. Roads were good until I nearly got to Hailsham then the road was closed. No other route except a very narrow lane, one car width wide, so you had traffic being diverted down that. Not a good idea but we all made it to the end my way. Then on the way home from school to Ben's they had closed the road but again not until you got there, What's the matter why can't they put a notice at the begin of the road. So turned round to take another road which was also flooded but not as bad.So tonight I went the main road way, Well this has roadworks by a housing estate, been doing it since the beginning os September. Took me 25 minutes to get past so Maria was late for gymnastics but I know they will understand

Hopefully tomorrow. will be better.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2023, 07:01 PM
Have you ever tried tripe Chris?
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2023, 09:13 PM
I've just ordered some Brenda - here's hoping
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2023, 10:04 PM
Ewww, omg, tripe.......my friend used to feed butchers tripe to his dogs and the smell from them lol. I got away with sweet potato microwaved and turkey and sweet potato Harrington's for years, now Kota is over that, cheese doesn't work anymore but she's obsessed with tuna and refuses her dinner now if she doesn't have tuna....but the Harrington's biscuits are still good.
Had a bit of good news, a friend's loser ex has finally signed the divorce papers!! Cooling off period and the court will grant it and they just need to sort the financial side out, so very proud of her, he is a narcissist and a bully
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2