Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2023, 07:05 AM

Take care Thursday 2nd November 2023

Morning all. Well it is very very wet here. It was amazing to watch the rain blow across the car park that I look out onto. Hope you all had a good evening. I watched the new Shetland and it was very good. Have a safe day everyone. Lynn all good wishes for Brewster. Kelly hope the results are good for you. Barry hope there are no trees down. Mind you it would save you all a job to do and put two fingers up to the council.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2023, 08:02 AM
Good morning Brenda. Stay safe

Fingers crossed for Brewster Lynn

Very windy here but so far I can see no damage, no trees down or fences but haven't ventured out to look at the roof.

Take care everyone
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2023, 08:30 AM
Morning Sue, well I have actually been for a walk and spoken to three people and said hi to two dogs. Have a good day Sue.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-11-2023, 09:03 AM
So where is this terrible storm we are supposed to be having? bit windy last night and a few small twigs/branches on the ground but nothing as bad as forecasts implied. Worst part is the clear up in the garden but too wet at the moment.
I was told when we moved here this small part part of East Sussex has its own mini climate. When Hastings or the other way Eastbourne get bad weather we don't
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2023, 09:30 AM
Apparently it is coming later today Barry. Can anyone believe this. Raining and the window cleaner has just been and cleaned the windows.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2023, 12:51 PM
Good afternoon all thinking of pottering out to Sainsburys but more for the walk than the shopping. LOL

Lynn I hope all is going well with the rat catching and also Brewster is home and recovered seems like a good call by yourselves and the vets to do the op now and the news in itself was encouraging it seems.

Brenda Well if you gotta a rota for work you got a rota. No job no pay. Hope you stay safe and well sounds like a nice catch up with dogs and people this morning.

Sue Have a good day

Chris Hope you are all well just spoken to my late best friends Mom in Lowestoft and she said they are taking a battering. Hope you are well and safe and Ted is enjoying the peace and quiet of no odd barking dog. LOL

Griff Hope you have done no damage to yourself today and manged to get an appointment at the nurse/docs
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2023, 01:44 PM
Well the storm has been downgraded but still wet and windy here.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2023, 02:50 PM
Good afternoon all

It's been more of a drizzly sort of day rather than rainy although we had plenty of that last night. We even caught a dry couple of hours and got out on the scooters

Lynn, how's Brewster doing. I hope by now he's home and settling down. Bless him, he's so young to be needs operations

I spent a full afternoon yesterday filling out forms and copying stuff for the financial side of getting carers in. What a performance.

Ted has got back to settled sleep at night now the visitors next door have gone, thank heavens

He is worrying me though. He's eaten even less than usual and that isn't enough and has been sick three day's running. Toileting is fine so it can't be a blockage. He's been a sicky dog since we got him, but vet checks reveal nothing. I'm still wondering if chicken is the culprit but as it's the only thing he will eat I'm casting round for what other fresh cooked meat I might be able to give him. Short of roasting a joint every few days I'm at a loss. Suggestions on a postcard please

Kelly, have you managed to get the elusive nurse appointment yet?
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2023, 03:17 PM
Try turkey Chris or even duck.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2023, 03:40 PM
I was also going to suggest duck Gert could not have chicken but adored Duck. Ostrich, guinea fowl goose.

Question have you tried lamb I have yet to met a dog who did not like lamb?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >