Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2023, 07:49 AM

Worrying Wednesday 1sr November 2023

Morning all and yeah I remembered it is the 1st of a new month. Hope you all have a safe day and this evening. It is dry at the moment here but looks as though it will rain very soon. I must admit I am not usually frightened of windy weather but what they have said is coming is a bit worrying. Right off for a quick walk round.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2023, 08:10 AM
Morning Brenda
Is this storm Ciaran?? I think it misses here
Mums trying to book me an appointment with the nurse practitioner today, not sure if I will get one or not.... hopefully she can help my breathing problems when I am walking, not sure if it's my heart, lungs or blood pressure that's causing the issue
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2023, 09:07 AM
Good morning all

One solitary trick or treater aged 2 last night that ws it. Looks like as per last year donating the remainder to the local food bank or similar.

Wettish here but think it may dry up.

Been busy online this morning and just about to have a late breakfast toast on.

Brenda It looks bad does it not was speaking to my cousins wife and their son and daughter in law had it bad in Ireland. Hopefully this is more hype than fact and you won't notice any more thn you do a normal storm

Griff Hope you have got the appointment sorted now. Look after yourself.

Right toast done back in a miunte of 20 LOL
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-11-2023, 09:28 AM
Battle time today at 10am with the local council. I haved dug out the old tree application applied for in 2015 which allowed for3 mtrs off ovrhanging branches on neighbours property and removal of dead and dangerous branches.
This council git only allowed 1 mtr to be removed and that is all.
So now i want to find out why the difference between the old and new permissions.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-11-2023, 10:10 AM
Morning brenda, griff, Kazz, Barry and all who follow.
It was a dreadful night here in more ways than one.
Brewster is at the vet he stayed overnight and is having keyhole surgery on his right shoulder he has a condition called OCD (Osteocrondrosis dissecans).
The cartilage isn't transforming to bone as it should and has come away in one place and causing the limp. He will have 4 weeks recovery then fingers crossed be back to normal and no limp the surgery has a very high success rate.
We decided as it doesn't affect his growth in any way we would go ahead and get it done asap, the vet was amazing and isn't scalpel happy.
Brewster was very stressed about going in so we decided as he was there leave him to get the op done so he didn't get stressed today going back.
We pick him up tomorrow all being well.
He does not have the short ulna syndrome his radius bone is slightly shorter but the vet was not concerned, he does not have deformity in his legs they are nice and straight and we thought they looked better than 5 weeks ago on the x-rays at the regular vet.
Also although the vet says we need to keep an eye on his and elbows in case of future problems when he is finished growing the elbow joint also looks in a better position than it was at x-ray.
His growth plates are still open which is very good news.
4 weeks to stop him jumping up and only lead walks in the garden to do his business then he gets the green light hopefully to get back to normal.
He feels the left pastern will come up even more once the pressure is off the right hand side. He wasn't overly concerned.
So we are very happy with the diagnosis.
We had a rat get in sometime yesterday in the time we had the back door open while sorting Brewsters food delivery.
So instead of an early night and a good nights sleep without disturbance we were up all night.
Thing ended up in the bathroom and has holed itself up somewhere so we have bought an inspection camera and now trying to find it and flush it out while Brewster is still at the vets and hoping for a good night tonight.
So much for us going out for lunch later.

Hoping everyone is hving a good day and avoids the storm.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-11-2023, 10:13 AM
well the git came and he backed down somewhat when I showed him the previous application . So he now hopefully he is getting the application ammended
Victory of sorts
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2023, 10:29 AM
Good morning everyone

Hope you managed to have a walk before th rain sets in Brenda

Fingers crossed you have got an appointment Kelly. Take care

Good news then Lynn but a pity he had to stay for surgery but as you said better to get it done asap than wit and stress Himont again. Good luck with the no jumping and bouncing when he comes home Hope you find and get rid of the rat.

Lucky you Kazz missing the forecasted storm.

Really morning again for me. Maria taken to school and the other two here until this afternoon when I go to pick her up. We went trick or treating last night and my goodness did it rain we cut is short as we were soaked. I am still drying my shower out. Not looking forward to tomorrow but hopefully will not have to go anywhere in the morning but no doubt will have to pick Maria up and take her to gymnastics.

It is going to be good from the l3th November as they are shutting the main road for two weeks Fortunately I do go another way at the moment to Ben's which is shorter but the road not so good.

Take care everyone
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2023, 01:20 PM
Yep managed two walks Sue in the sun. Silly weather. Bit breezy but quite nice and warm. Lynn I am sure Brewster will be ok. Hope Ted is behaving. You know what people say about windy weather and dogs, kids and horses. Makes them barmy. lol!! Watched a fav repeat of a series of mine this morning. Didn't know it was back on until I started flicking channels. Wild at Heart.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2023, 04:16 PM
Lynn, my deepest sympathies, we had a similar situation but my bedroom and 2 dogs......not fun, took me a week to trap the poor thing, I felt so bad but had no option, hopefully you can catch it quickly, last thing you need with Brewster in recovery. I am chuffed to bits with the news, overall a good outcome hopefully.
Kazz, no appointment, none available and today I have smashed my head and elbow off the sink too... really pee'd myself off
Sue, hope the road closures don't inconvenience you too much
Barry, glad you can get a little more off the trees
Brenda, I got my walk out the way early on, luckily I did as it's chucked it down and hailed too