Our sister sites
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2023, 07:52 AM

Terrifying Tuesday, 31st October 2023

Happy Halloween and good morning

Looks like it could be a rainy day looking at the forecast

Hope everyone is feeling as good as they can be today.

Enjoy whatever you have planned
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2023, 08:17 AM
Morning Chris and all to come. Yep it looks like it will be a soggy evening for trick and treaters. Been for my early walk via the paper shop. Nice out along the beach. Have a nice day everyone. Love the heading Chris.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2023, 09:05 AM
Morning all

Catch you all later
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2023, 09:21 AM
Good morning Chris, Brenda and Kazz

At least it sounds as if your walk was dry Brenda

Have a good day Chris and Kazz

Up early to get to Ben’s and it was raining hard but stopped for the drive. Roads still flooded in parts but not too bad. Spending the day with Ana and Sarah as they are also off this week but Maria has gone back.

Take care everyone
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-10-2023, 10:07 AM
Rother district council are highly efficient I don't think, even a snail making a christmas meal would be more so.

I contacted the council by email on the 22 oct via their so called customer services for details on who put on TPO's (tree preservation order) and when.
The dept ( Historical planning applications) should have replied within 3 to 5 days but I am still waiting. So rang the council (customer services) who tell me that it could be up to a month for a reply and the (HPA dept) can't be contacted by phone.
the guy from the council did give me the original site plan which was nice of him.

If I can't find out if there even was a planning application made by whom and when I am now wondering if the original application even exists.

the concil guy is here tomorrow so will ask him as at the moment to me it looks as if he is inforcing something that was never approved.

Yet if I buy a scond hand car costing a few thousands of pound I can see if it has a fill service history. also an HPI check to find Out if a Car's Stolen, a Write-Off, On Finance, Clocked, etc. Don't Risk It Check It. Check Any Car for Outstanding Debt, Mileage Discrepancies, Stolen or Write-Off Warnings.

Yet the local council can't do that on a property costing several £100,000's
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2023, 12:04 PM
Afternoon all.
Brenda and Chris,.we too are soggy! It's not raining at the minute but in the night...omg.
Sue, how frustrating that the kids aren't off altogether
Barry, both my parents work for the council and both have said the amount of wasted time and money is gobsmacking. I think if you are dealing with any department at the council's, best to accept it's going to be months. We have spent 16 years trying to get double yellow lines reinstated, the resurfaced the drive and never put the lines back
Hoping Lynn, Gorden and Brewster are getting on o.k
Kazz, hi, fleeting visit
I am waiting for my birthday card to arrive from my brother, we got no post yesterday and it appears to be the same today, he has sent me money and my mum and Steve also gave me money and told me to get something....I was going to get some jewellery but was waiting for my brother's money so I could look at getting a better piece....my neighbour didn't get any post yesterday and I didn't see the postie at all.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-10-2023, 01:24 PM
Just had a computer crash with quite a few icons gone missing on the front page. little bit of time-researce and effort managed to get the back. Couldn't find a newish restore point so just created a new one