Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2023, 06:31 AM

Flipping-wet Friday 27th October 2023

Morning all. Yep it is wet here and dark. Roll on when the clocks go back. Hope you all have a good day and find a dry spot to walk those dawgies. For me I will read yet another book, this time one by Ann Cleeves called Burial of Ghosts. Barry don't eat to much bread in one go, save some for later.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-10-2023, 08:14 AM
we have a site meeting her sround 9.30am today to arguew a cass for tree reduction on the oaks in our garden. My neighobours will hopefully attend as well to express their fears to the council guy.
I think he will find he is breaking the law under a different act of parliament to the one he is working under. Just a bombshell he will be hit with. Took some finding but ahould make him seriously reconsider his position. He is go by the book guy so should be interesting
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2023, 08:19 AM
Good morning you two and all others who pop in

Fog, fog, fog here but no rain. Fingers crossed the rain stays away while we are out.

Good luck with the tree guy TW

Ann Cleeves is usually a decent read Brenda so enjoy
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2023, 08:31 AM
Good morning all

Off work today and have just spent 11 minute I will never get back in a queue for BG online chat they asked for a meter reading on the 16th I always send mine on the 10th so I sent on the 16th and POW no bill at all so I havee contacted them today and been told I sent readings on the 16th (because you asked I say) to be told I have a higher than average bill this quarter but they will send the correect bill on Monday. It beggars belief honestly the lady said send reading between the 10th and the 15th (I have I said) you can see then you requested on the 16th.....ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH so I wait to see whats occuring at least forewarned is forearmed. Right rigmaroll. I did not want to join them orginally I was happy with Bristol Energy (who went bust sadly) oH the request for the meter reading on the 16th is a glitch they are aware of so why am I getting penalised.....one may wonder but never get an answer.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2023, 08:35 AM
Other than the above going to have boiled eggs coffee marmite and toast and relax.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-10-2023, 10:29 AM
Meeting over and what a waste of time. Like all government officials they are afraid of loosing their jobs and buckpass any decisions. What has happened to taking responsibility?
another meeting arranged yet again presumably after consultation with the local councel lawyers.
Hopefully still come to some compromise next time, but i don't hold out any hope.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2023, 10:33 AM
Thank goodness I'm with octopus. No problems ever with them Kazz. All morning brilliant sunshine now clouds looming. Good luck with tree Barry.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2023, 10:38 AM
Well oddly enough my bill arrived in my email account at 10.20am I opened it and I would like to say BG have no idea of the words "slightly higher" My average bill is about (now bear in mind it changes sometimes three times in a month my bill £280 (ish) for gas and electric this quarters bill is I agree "sllightly higher" I would use the words "off the scale" £4975,24
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2023, 10:42 AM
I have been on the phone to them and they have now removed the bill from my billing history (learnt my lessons though and have screenshot it before they removed it) I am now back to £427.36 in credit not £4547.88 in debit. I await the new bill on Monday. Sure this will take a month to resolve again. I am making a change to Octopus myself I think Brenda I was with Bristol Energy and they were fantastic. Rant over.....or maybe not they have just rung me to get my feedback have hung up.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-10-2023, 11:45 AM
Afternoon brenda, Barry Kazz, Chris and all to follow.
Wet murky day here too.

Gorden is hopefully finishing the gate, Brewster has been out the front with him so he keeps getting stopped every 5 minutes.
Brewster is now behind the side gate as he keeps running around like a lunatic and it stops everyone wanting to stop and chat.
I have changed the bed, done the washing got the quilt in the tumble dryer, hoovered, dusted and emptied the bin.
All while he has been chatting.

Our friend has his operation today.

brenda enjoy the book.
Barry the councils lately are a law unto themselves as are most companies. No customer service at all.
Kazz what a nightmare talk about the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.
Another great example of no customer service and a law unto themselves.
Good move doing a screen shot before the original bill before disappeared.
Sue I am hoping your day ends up being a calm one.
griff I hope you are beginning to feel better.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >