View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2023, 01:33 PM
Oh I am Kazz - as I was with Rosie, as I was with Sam and Jade and also with Ben

They all steal a part of you

What's nice with Ted is that he really was a monster for redirecting his frustration into biting me hard when we were out. Now, touch wood, that has mainly stopped so it's allowing both of us to relax more and enjoy our outings. He's a pure cuddle monster at home and likes nothing more than cuddling up with the odd bit of mischief thrown in
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2023, 01:59 PM
Perfection then Chris
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2023, 03:01 PM
Is it three little birds or something tonight?? Some of that was filmed here, there's been a few things filmed locally lately, there's a kids TV show, phoenix rises...that causes chaos and there was someone from game of thrones filming in the summer by our council house.
Kazz, nope headache is still here, I read that steroids can increase fluid retention that then increases blood pressure....I had stopped taking my herbal water tablets and my ankles have swelled so taken some tablets and will see if the headache goes, seeing my uncle tomorrow, then a blood test Tuesday and will see if I can get an appointment with a nurse practitioner Wednesday perhaps
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-10-2023, 03:17 PM
Brewster has no relatives in the lines of this other dog Kazz. It sounds like Brewster has the same as this other dog but we have caught the problem earlier.
I checked but sort of knew he hadn't.
The other pup already has elbow dysplasia and I think Brewster will but so did Dillon we can deal with that but we need this radius/ulna problem sorted.
The other dog was older but started limping around the same age as Brewster and his leg had already started to twist. Brewsters hasn't but we think it will if not sorted.
Hopefully the less conservative treatment the better but we will do what's necessary.

This person's vet has said they are seeing a lot more of this lately not only in Bernese.
We were saying we are not quite sure what is going on lately. She did exactly what I did researched well, checked both parents had all the relevant health tests done didn't over exercise but like us has ended up with this problem and no support for her from either breeder.

One bullied her and offered to pay her her money back and take the pup back she said no because she knew he wouldn't have the op done and possibly put him to sleep.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2023, 03:36 PM
The so called 'reputable breeders' aren't really any guarantee by the sound of it. The most they tend to offer is, as you say, return the dog, get your money back and they normally they have the dog PTS

Once you've bonded with a dog, there is no way you are going to return it
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-10-2023, 04:17 PM
There are some good ones Chris but not as many as there used to be.
We are lucky with ours she messages and we chat on the phone and she says at the end of the day she trusts us to do the right thing by him.
She also told a friend she is glad Brewster came to us as she knows we do our research about things that throw us a curve ball and we are knowledgeable about the breed.
That bouys you up to know people think that of you.

There are days I think what have we done but would never give him back now, we will ride this storm and soon we will be looking back on it and be able to give others if needed support and hope as we have been given.
I won't be surprised if this throws up it's ugly head again.

brenda I did reply to your post about the hydro but not sure you saw it. We feel we need to see the consultant first to make sure swimming or water treadmill is the right thing for him at this point, and the other person I have spoken to today said their orthopedic said swimming or treadmill is not right for this condition.
So for now we hang fire and she wasn't advised after her youngsters op to do any kind of hydro.

griff sorry you are still suffering with headaches, I hope you find some relief soon.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2