Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2023, 06:54 AM

Soggy Saturday 21st October 2023

Morning all. Very wet and windy here. Just listening to the last bit of Tony Blackburn. I love the 60's music. Hope you all have a good day and stay dry if you can when out walking the poochies. The walls outside have been finished being painted now. A lovely bluey silvery colour. Unfortunately Paul couldn't remember the name of the colour itself. I shall be in my elimant this afternoon as Harry Potter is back on. I love watching them over and over again.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-10-2023, 08:53 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
Not raining here, but very wet underfoot and not looking good I think we might be in for another rainy day here, it didn't stop till around 9 pm last night.
Lots of nearby towns and villages flooded.
We are off to a big pet shop to get Brewster some more natural boredom busting chews.
Then when back I have to go back out to shop, we will take Brewster it's mostly a car journey the flooring is the same as we have in our kitchen so not as slippery as most pet shops.

My acquaintance didn't ring yesterday so I'm hoping she will later today discuss the issues she had with her puppy.
I did hear from the young lady at the vet who has been in touch with the referral vet so we still have an appointment with our 1st choice vet, but not sure how long we will have to wait. Not long we are hoping he has so much energy and this morning when I was getting dressed he was off the wall thinking we were taking him out.
We just want him sorted so he can start having walks again. He gave himself a slight limo with his running about in the garden but has had some arnica and the limping has stopped.
We will go through it all again when getting him ready to pop out.

Enjoy Harry Potter brenda.

I hope everyone is feeling well or feeling better all doggies are well and that you are keeping safe in this awful weather.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2023, 10:01 AM
Thanks Lynn. I do hope Brewster will get over his problem. Have just got back from a dry walk. Timed it well as it is raining again now.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2023, 11:52 AM
Good afternoon Brenda and Lynn

Enjoy Hurry Potter Brenda

Hope you get everything you want for Brewster Lynn and the he calms down a bit after his ride.

Wet and windy here first thing but the sun is now out. Teazle and I got a bit wet on our walk, dry when I left home but then rain. Been and had my flu jab so a lazy afternoon planned broken by a visit from Ben and the girls to talk paint. Apparently I am an expert I just buy the colour and finish I like!

Take care everyone
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2023, 01:22 PM
Good afternoon all

Surprisingly, despite the forecast, we have had a dry day so far so we had our usual run about and Ted has been a little star again. Long may it continue.

Lynn, I don't know how you are coping. Ted is a nightmare if we have to shorten out walks down due to weather so heaven knows what Brewster is like having to totally miss his walks

Other than a couple of deliveries due and a general tidy round, another easy afternoon for me
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-10-2023, 04:07 PM
brenda, Sue and Chris I am finding it hard to cope to be honest.
He settled after his ride in the car, we couldn't take him in the pet shop after all even though it isn't slick flooring but lino, because his paws were wet from the short walk from the car and the world and it's wife were in there so the floor was wet.
He got in the door and no traction so Gorden waited outside with him.
He has been a lot calmer a car ride and a short trip out and saying hello to a couple of people has helped a lot.
Tomorrow we will be back to the restrictive way of life again.
We may take a run out if weather permits to a couple of cafes where we can sit outside and all have a change of scenery.

He is a nightmare getting a harness, collar and a lead on because he gets so ramped up, we do training in the garden but if he is off the wall he takes nothing in.
If he has to have the ulna bone cut he will be looking at 6-8 weeks recovery, less than an elbow replacement. So fingers crossed the ulna bone being cut is the worst case scenario.

More tears here today, but hey ho we wipe them and move on.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2023, 05:01 PM
Could you find a hydrotherapy pool you could use to help Lynn?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-10-2023, 05:16 PM
We have looked into that brenda and found one, but until we get the consultation we are not sure if it is the right thing to do.
The person I am waiting for to phone said their orthopedic vet recommended against hydro, swimming or treadmill as it is not the right thing to do for this type of issue.

Until we know what it exactly it is we have to err on the side of caution, that's why its so frustrating about this consult being messed up.