View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-10-2023, 12:15 PM
I have a few friends three actually that I count as true friends brenda. One still lives in Essex we rarely see each other now It's a long drive for me and she won't drive this far.
Pam in Yorkshire who is going through the awful situation with Pete so chatting is on hold while they process the time they have left together.
So we keep in touch via whatsapp and texting
The other friend that came late in life is Bev and just around the corner always on the end of a message and we catch up quite often as we are close by.

It's quality not quantity.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2023, 12:56 PM
Absolutely Lynn. I have two friends, one of 23 years and the other, another 27 years. And of course Kelly and you who I email occasionally. Do we count those on here as friends to? I hope so.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-10-2023, 01:26 PM
I am sure we do. Whenever I talk about discussions I always refer to people on the board as friends to others even though we haven't met and the likelihood is slim we will meet.

We are always here for one another when we need to offload or ask a question so in my book that's friendship.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2023, 01:34 PM
I have tons of acquaintances and cyber friends, but the only real life (if that's what you want to call them) friends I have. My sister who has always been my best mate and, of course, my kids now that they are all grown up. I know that no matter what my sister will be there for me as well as my two youngest. I count myself blessed
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-10-2023, 01:38 PM
This is why I miss my Sister Chris you can't beat having a Sister have your back.
I miss being able to pick up the phone and call her.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2023, 01:44 PM
Good afternoon all

Work done and boy is it wet out there Brrr chilly too. But had a good week at work loads done and a new direct boss realy nice guy he has fitted in so well like hand in glove I know he has ideas and views buthey thats all part of work isn't it adapting to new people/change. LOL

Brenda Good for you, leave the door open for especially your daughter to walk in at any time sometimes rifts become less "sensitive" over time. Families whats the saying "your hurt those you love the most" sort of thing.

Lynn Well not sure if it is reassuring knowing other of the breeding ar "having iussues" although I suspect better than having "the only one" to be having issues. Nice to chat to the family of the other pup though. Good job yours is a "tight" breed network and not like my staffds where the KC reg are pretty on the ball 99% of the time its the unreg that get us caught out purely by numbers.

Chris Poor Ted he is a little young and I wonder if all toy breeds have more teeth issues than other breeds due to their size simply?

Griff Haircut well done, bet it totally suits you.

Sue I swear roadworks are everywhere and anywhere like everything stopped during covid and now they are out in multiples everywhere. The rain will of made it feel worse if not actually worse. When are the girls off for half term?

Regarding friends I have a few 40 years plus; but I try no to dwell as I have lost a few as well especially my best friend Netty who passed away couple of years ago who I miss very much I often go to myself "must tell Netty that" also though I have lots of "aquintances" I suppose I may not bear my heart too but general friendship/support Hell Yeah. I count you all on here previously named as friends and like Lynn says I refer to you all on occasion and when I do I say my friend Bredna/Lynn etc etc. But I also then have my family my brother and sister who are I suppose my best friends then nieces nephews who will be there always regardless,

Right coffee and a bit of a sit down thinkoing of starting a new book on kindle just got to see what I fancy. Catch you all later peeps.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2023, 01:48 PM
Oh meant to say my new sofa is lovely I can lie down full length Yeah come on winter I will be iunder my on my sofa. Yeah
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-10-2023, 01:57 PM
Great minds think alike Kazz.

The Bernese community is a tight community but there are some breeders who you need to steer clear of and also some owners, but the majority are helpful and if we can we share our knowledge even if done through private message or phone calls.
It has made me feel somewhat better that it seems to be a hereditary condition because no matter what I did or fed I am not the main cause of this problem we are facing.
Brewsters breeder will need to speak to the owner of the male who is Brewster's dad, lovely boy but if one or other carrying this gene however far back they really should not be in a breeding programme.
We will know more when the referral has been had , I fed both Ollie and Dillon the same as young growing pups with no issues like we are having with Brewster but it's hard not to blame yourself.

The sofa sounds ideal I wonder are you looking forward to the chilly days/nights to snuggle up on your new sofa.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2023, 07:51 PM
I am totally Lynn I missed not habing a sofa long enough to lie on mine is a 3 seater nut not a one short person lie on.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2