Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2023, 07:09 AM

Thundery Thursday 19th October 2023

Morning all. Yep it is supposed to be thundery today. But at the moment it is just wet but there is a little bit of blue sky up there in amongst the clouds. Hope you all survived yesterdays rain and windy weather. I have decided to just forget everything about my so called family apart from my daughter in USA because she is the only one that shows any sort of compassion. So, a new me this morning. Have a good day everyone.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2023, 07:50 AM
Good morning Brenda and all who follow

Hugs to you Brenda just think about yourself for once.

Wet here too but have managed to get T~eale out before the rain starts again. Yester afternoon was dreadful driving home from Ben's. Roads half flooded and a to of traffic, not helped I think by everyone who knows doing another route to avoid the roadworks near me. We have another month of those. On duty this afternoon but until then time is my own

Take care everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-10-2023, 09:28 AM
Morning brenda, Sue and all to follow.
Wet here but not raining, it was however raining hard and very windy for the rest of yesterday.

Not a happy bunny. I thought I would email the referral vet this morning to ask when we might get an appointment.
They emailed back they have had the x-rays and were asked for an opinion on them they were sent on the 26th September and had not been asked for a referral appointment.
So where is the opinion on the x-rays ? We have not had any communication from our regular vet or referral vet.
Rang our regular vet, they have it on Brewsters note for a referral to be made, seems the person dealing with it must have hit the x-ray opinion box not the referral box.
They are now going to sort it.
In one way it will be given time to see how this has or has not progressed and if the left leg is looking better, the same or worse too.
We can't exercise him now even though it was short and controlled and t be fair our regular vet said to exercise because he was lame all day yesterday.

I have been in touch with someone else whose young dog had the same problem. It seems its hereditary so at some point I am going to have a chat with Elaine who bred Brewster to alert the breeder whose sire was used.
I know Izzy will not be bred from again.
5 of this person's dog's littermates all had the same issues so its possible Brewsters problems may show up later in his siblings.
She had the ulna bone cut and he is doing so well now so we may be changing our opinion on that.
Fingers crossed we get that appointment asap now.

brenda I think sometimes we have to do what is best for us. We can't always be the one chasing and worrying and then short shrift when we don't, it works two ways.
Sue sounds horrible yesterday's drive I hope it is better today.
Enjoy your me time.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2023, 10:04 AM
Morning all
Brenda, good for you, I don't have anything to do with pretty much most of my family and I do fine without them, friends help you more than family anyway.
Lynn, oooooo, that's not good about the delayed referral.... good job you called, I am sure Brewster will get sorted out and be right as rain soon enough.
Sue, you take care on those flooded roads.
Got a haircut today, been putting it off as my head is so sore but the headache is going nowhere and I can't put it off any longer so..... haircut it is!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-10-2023, 10:10 AM
I hope the haircut helps griff and that you feel better after the haircut to a point.
It is not good. The person who has had the op is ringing me tomorrow to discuss things and what her puppy went through.

Hoping now they all get their fingers out and we can start getting him right so he and us can begin to have a life.

We will get this referral sorted then might think about changing vets. There is another independent vet not so far away.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2023, 10:55 AM
Lynn, he is young enough to get over this and develop into a well rounded dog. Have you been happy with the vets up to this point? People do make errors and it would be a shame to change if they have been good to this Point....or is this the vets that you had to write to about Dillon?
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2023, 11:19 AM
Good afternoon all

Quite a nice morning here considering we expected rain. It's been overcast but not cold so a bonus.

Lynn, you have and are doing your research so I'm sure that the final decision you make will be the right one. Poor Brewster, not a good start but he has years in front of him to make up for it

Ted is still struggling with the stubborn milk teeth. If it keeps up, I may ask the vet to take another look. It really isn't nice to see them in pain

My youngest lad fell out with us to the point of not even knowing where he was living when he was younger. It went on for about 18 months until my daughter bumped into him one day, told him how stupid he was and told him to think about how he would feel if anything happened to us. He came walking in one day and the rest is history. Now, we are best mates and we are his first port of call if he needs an opinion on anything or he's struggling. Kids are their own worst enemies at times
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-10-2023, 11:20 AM
We registered with them as new clients when we knew we would be getting Brewster griff.
I will see how they deal with this then make a decision.
I hope he is young enough the person I have been talking to has mentioned we have a small window to get this corrected.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-10-2023, 11:22 AM
Morning Chris it's all part of growing up isn't it falling out with parents but sometimes some fall out and won't compromise.
Luckily we haven't had the issues.

I hope you get Ted sorted soon Chris and no it isn't nice to see them in pain or in discomfort.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2023, 11:40 AM
I hope Ted and Brewster get sorted out soon. Nothing worse than not knowing what to do with vets etc. I think I am better off with no friends and relatives except for those that have been kind to me. Yep a new me.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >