Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2023, 06:38 AM

Timeless Tuesday 17th October 2023

Morning all. Hope you all had a good day yesterday and evening. Barry too soon for me to try the heating but I know when I do if I have any probs the landlord will come. He is very good if I ask him. Bit chillier these early mornings but it is still lovely to walk along the beach. And when the sun shines I don't have to put the heating on as it is still very warm in here. Have a good day everyone.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2023, 08:18 AM
Godd morning Brenda and all to follow.

Brenda he sounds like a nice landlord. Which is comforting/reassuring I would think. Enjoy the autumnal sunshine I love this time of year.

Hope all is well with you all.

Lynn I think sometimes you have to accept you HAVE to worry over any dog you own seems Brewwster is getting his worries in young. He sounds perfect though and as if he brings much joy.

Chris jail ah well could be worse if you are now passing you will get £200 on the onld monolopy board. LOL hope Ted is coming on okay, being such a chererful soul as he sounds. Hope that your driving is not limited by your sight would that also affect the scooter driving? Maybe the banging about over the road will help whenthe fireworks start as your road is so quiet normally.

Sue Life still sounds busy which is nice, your description of Teazle reminded me of the older Steptoe in steptoe and son no teeth.

Griff Hope all is going well with you, is your brother coming for Christmas it went okay last year as I recall shame ypou cannot say you come here i will go to the flat by the sea.

Have a good day all off to work this afternoon so catch you all if not later tomorrow afternoon after work.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-10-2023, 08:53 AM
Morning brenda, Kazz and all to follow.
Sunny and chilly here today, just back from a fairly controlled walk on the long line with Brewster over the park.
He is now nicely settled and will remain so for the rest of the day except for the odd bit of mischief here and there.
Yes Kazz we do worry but we had hoped that we would be popping out here there and everywhere with him especially as Gorden is now retired and except for Freya on Mondays and the odd Sunday our time is our own and at the moment we feel like we are under house arrest.
We will get there I'm sure.
Off for my coved jab later and maybe pop in to see a friend who has been very poorly if she's up for a visit.

Have a good Tuesday everyone.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2023, 09:21 AM
Good morning Brenda, Kazz Lynn and all who follow

It is nice to have a good landlord and hope he doesn't put the rent up. Keep enjoying your walks whilst the weather is good Brenda

Good boy Brewster. Hope your friend is up for a visit Lynn

Hope work goes ok for you today Kazz

Morning school run done, Teazle walked and veg for lunch done. Now coffee time before cooking lunch and heading out again for the second run.

Take care everyone.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2023, 09:35 AM
Walk was lovely. Also popped into see a new friend as she is, like me, into old photos of past relatives and places etc. Sunny and have window open. Have given painter Paul a cuppa coffee. He is painting the outside. Started early. We will be very posh when finished.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2023, 12:07 PM
Afternoon all
Errrrrrr, I figure my brother will come up Kazz, there were a couple of issues last year but on the whole it was tolerable. My mum will tell him straight any issues and he leaves and doesn't come back....I am really not well at the moment so I don't need the additional stress. Mum hasn't spoken to him for months and dad doesn't call him I don't think, I WhatsApp him but that's it really, I have just told him how poorly I am as he was away in America so didn't say anything about my consultation etc
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2023, 01:13 PM
Good afternoon all

Timeless Tuesday is about right Brenda. The clock in the kitchen has stopped and needs new batteries (which I must get around to) and Gary's watch straps have arrived. I don't get delivery men these days though. Put the garage as the 'safe place), left a note on said garage door and they throw it over the back gate instead. Crazy thing is they could have been put in the letterbox as a very small package

Sunny but cold morning and the easterly wind made it feel even colder. Still enjoyed out walk though

Ted can be an angel or a monster Kazz depending on his mood. He's still redirecting when he gets too excited, but maybe a little less so now. He hates the cold so has his coat on and when it's cold like this morning, he snuggles in on my knee on the scooter. It's a good job he's such a tiny dog
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-10-2023, 03:48 PM
have you ever tried fighting against a coucil decision? I am at the moment with a complete doughnut.
Just got off the phone to him to get him to reconsider his decision. Over the phone would you believe he suggested using a long pole to cut 1 mtr of a 90ft tall tree?
so he agreed to revisit on the 27 OCT. This time i want Sue to be there and also asked a next door neighbour to be here as well. Maybe 3 of use may have more affect than just myself. there is a video about this on youtube if you look up

https://youtu.be/dIkM3ItDrmw

if you looked at the video you will instantly see how stupid his suggestion is
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2023, 08:06 PM
Ah TW, council planning officers are a law unto themselves and totally thick with it

If you saw the hoops I had to jump through and the money it cost me to get change of use for a field that had been unused since a new road sliced it in two had to be seen to be believed and that was just to run classes on an empty field. No buildings involved at all, the only change being stock wire fencing
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2023, 06:37 AM
Councils, huh!! They are a law unto themselves. My landlord told me that when he built these flats he had to jump through hoops. But the houses that the council are now going to build on the car park that I overlook are cutting corners all the time. It isn't right.