Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2023, 06:57 AM

Sunshine Saturday 14th October 2023

Morning all. I heard that lion poo deters cats. Not sure. Anyway have a good day everyone. Off for my wander along the beach as it is sunny. Been for my wander. Lovely out. I saw Orion last night in the sky. Clear as day.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2023, 08:40 AM
Good morning Brenda pleased you had an enjoyable walk

Busy day for you yesterday Kazz. Hope all goes well today with carpet fitting etc.

Hope trial run with scooter got wet Chris and then are you going to sell it?

Thank you everyone for Teazle's birthday wishes.Not a good day for her as she spent it in the vets for a scale and polish and tooth extractions. Good thing she inhales her food as she only has two teeth left poor girl. Never had a dog having to have so many teeth removed. She ate some dinner last night and her breakfast this morning so everything seems to be alright.

Take care everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-10-2023, 09:28 AM
Morning brenda, Sue and all to follow.
The sun is shining but it's chilly.

Putting some washing out in a bit hopefully it won't be too cold and it will dry.

brenda mum and dad tried lion manure it was a big thing in the garden centres during the 80's and 90's it didn't work. I do wonder if it was even lions poo.
Poor Teazle Sue really was not a good Birthday for her.
Chris glad the scooter has been sorted, well I hope it has.
Kazz sounds like you had a very busy and productive day yesterday.
griff I hope you afeeling better today.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2023, 09:50 AM
Morning all
Ahhhh, poor Teazle
I have told my neighbour I have ordered a ultrasonic thingy, she said they will get one and put it in front of their garage....I don't know why as there's 2 cars there and I am sure the bloke will spot it and remove it. Anyway, worth a try!
I had heard about lion poop Brenda, I guess we could pop to twycross and ask them for some lol
I am not feeling too good tbh, I had to miss my chemo this week because of the antibiotics they gave me, my joints are so sore again....I have taken my chemo today and will go back to a Tuesday next time
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-10-2023, 10:00 AM
well don't the local council where we are really make an effort to do their job to the best of their ability ? like heck they do. Yesterday at last spoke to the planning officer that signed off on our tree situation. Tried at 9am-10am- and most of the morning All I got is a recorded "sorry the person to wish to speak to is not available at the moment"
Eventually manage to speak to her mid afternoon and guess what? she works 3 days a week.
How on earth can anyone conduct any business like this when they are never there.

The next time she will be there is next Tuesday , that is more than disgusting it is disgraceful when they should be there to help the public.

On top of that the planning application for tree work even the company who are going to do the work could not make it out

The application had this added by the person who came on behalf of the council
for oak classed as T1

T1-1mtr crown reduction of branches ( the trees areabout 90ft tall)

how on earth can they go up 90 ft to cut off a mtr length of a branch let alone on the width.

Oh it doesn't finish there

IN para 2 he quotes a reference to BS (british standards) 3998:2010
well I looked that up and it states

“The general principle [of Crown Reduction] is that, following reduction, there should still be a strong framework of healthy small-diameter branches and twigs (leaf-bearing structure), capable of producing dense leaf cover during the following growing season." unquote.

It to me is plainly obvious he has not got a clue as he contradicts himself a few lines down on the page.

NO doubt they have been to uni and got an "OLOGY" qualification but not in common sense'

there is even more

We asked a company to send in the application for the work on our behalf, which we paid for,not to actually carry out the work. The council seem to think that is the company doing the work but we have no contract with them for that, only to make the application in" professional talk" so to speak.

that apparently is now also causing confusion, As far as I am concerned once the application has been approved (which took 9 weeks) we can choose which company can do the work.

like hitting your head agaist a brick wall
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2023, 02:33 PM
Good afternoon all

A lovely sunny day, but oh so cold.

Had my eye test done and she couldn't believe how much my sight has deteriorated since the test around 6 weeks ago. She said driving is now borderline

She won't redo the lenses in the new glasses because I had an eye injection a couple of days ago so she wants to retest again on 4 November and she also wants me to use dry eye drops in the interim in case dry eye is adding to the problem

Dave has just tested out the scooter and it looks as though they may have indeed solved the problem. Time will tell
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2023, 06:33 AM
Fingers crossed Chris.