Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2023, 06:30 AM

Friggatriskaidekaphobia Friday 13th October 2023

Morning all. Hope you all had a good evening. Wet and windy this morning. Well it is Friday the 13th. How many of you are superstitious? I'm not, not really. Although I won't walk under ladders, just incase. Kelly, you ok? Have a good day everyone. Word for today:Vireo
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2023, 07:10 AM
Anyone heard of Pip, Squeak and Wilfred : gugnuncs : Wilfredian League of Gugnuncs 1927
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-10-2023, 08:26 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
sounds like a swear word brenda. (The title).
Very wet and windy here this morning although thankfully it has stopped raining.
Not sure I have heard of vireo.
Not much going on today, we are trying to pluck up the courage to leave Brewster for a while. He is a chewer and we are worried we will come back to carnage, we would need to paint everything in the nasty stuff we have.
We had left all our other pups before 5 months old even if only for an hour.
I think we feel guilty as we are trying to overcome these growing issues and up until Monday we hadn't been exercising him but we can't not walk him now even if only on the park where it's grassy so low impact.
He has been totally off the wall, garden and training sessions not enough to wear him out.

Have a good day all.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2023, 10:03 AM
Good morning Brenda and Lynn

Hope you managed to get a dry walk Brenda

If he has had a play on the park Brewster may settle for a while. Good luck

Wet and windy here but managed to get Teazle out quickly for a walk before her vet appointment. Today is her 14th birthday. Morning school run done just this afternoon to do and then pick Teazle up minus no doubt a few more teeth

Take care everyone
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2023, 10:38 AM
Morning all
I am doing o.k Brenda, not as good as I was but there we go.
Helped Steve yesterday building his shed, basically, I told him what to do and passed him bits....he wouldn't ask me for help so mum told me to go and it was a good job I did lol. We were there for flipping hours, I am sooooo tired today and it made it obvious to me that I will not be able to work.
My nice neighbour is having issues with the guy behinds cats messing on her drive....the guy is now saying it's not his cats ...it is! He has announced he is putting a camera up to see, now this will cover our driveway, it's our personal property and the guy is a right creepy letch....I don't want him watching my comings and goings.....my neighbour said her daughter is going to turn the camera away.... really not happy at all
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-10-2023, 10:58 AM
Happy 14th Birthday to Teazle.
Yep Brewster is calm.

I'm afraid that's what cats do unless you keep them as house cats or have a special fence put along the top of your garden fence.
No laws for cats as they are considered a wild animal unlike dogs. We used to have 3 cats when the boys were little and growing up roads were less busy and people accepted cats were cats.
Now I would never have a cat due to fear of them being knocked down or run over and the issues of them toileting in other peoples gardens. We get cats here they never visited when Dillon moved in but did between him and having Brewster. Always toileting on the gravel on the front, I used to use a trowel or poo bag pick it up and pop it in the poo bin.
It is a nuisance but not much you can do.

Sorry you are feeling unwell griff.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2023, 11:27 AM
The cats are really old Lynn and it's becoming an issue because there's 2 of them and one has persistent upset tummy and it's right where the girl next door parks her car......I am lucky they favour her side but I have had to clean it up myself. I had a cat and he used to do his business in next doors front garden, I used to go out and pick it up....he was mine and it's not pleasant for people. This guy is just basically a pain in the butt, he is the one who uses our driveway as his own property, removed our edging stones, he has been a problem since we moved in in 1983! I am keeping our of it but I am not having him watching me on my own driveway, Steve went mental and said he isn't having it.....he knows the guy is a perv. I will just let Steve go deal with him lol, I don't have the energy anymore but I will happily smash the camera
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-10-2023, 12:08 PM
That's bad about the camera being able to watch and the fact he uses your driveway as his own. As for the cats I agree it's annoying and extremely unpleasant as said we have had this issue and unfortunately there isn't much that can be done.
We had a lot of it here till Dilon was established and we let him wee in the front garden the cats soon stopped using it as a toileting area.
They had got used to it as the place had been renovated then empty for a while, then when we lost Dillon until Brewster came along we had the same issue again.
Now he goes out there sometimes when we take him out in the car we encourage him to wee out there and this has stopped the cats in the front and back garden.
Could you let the dogs out there to wee ?

My poor mum and dad had terrible issues with cats going to the toilet in their garden they brought every product known to man to supposedly discourage the cats none worked.

I have found having a dog and letting it wee in the space the cats use seems to be the only deterrent but of course we can't all have or want a dog.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2023, 03:41 PM
Happy birthday Teazle, hope the vet goes well
Lynn, hmmmmm, don't think the dogs would wee out there tbh. I have just ordered an ultrasonic scarer, might not work but worth a try, I don't need all this hassle, the cat poop doesn't affect me at the moment but it's just him being a little tw*t. I messaged tlmy neighbour to tell her I have bought the scarer and it can go at the side of my bins, it should deter them but no hurt them ( which I wouldn't want to do)
Found my motivation finally, dragged myself back to the drs to collect my blood forms as I forgot them yesterday.....not concentrating
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-10-2023, 05:02 PM
The scarer might work, but it didn't work at Upwell for the rats.
We had one in the garden and several ones you plugged into the electrical sockets indoors.
The one outside you could alter the frequency depending on the animal you wanted to deter.
Always worth a try especially now you've bought it.

Keep well griff and maybe let your neighbour deal with the cat problem. Unless it's affecting you too and you feel the need to try to do something.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >