Our sister sites
Our sister sites
LauraJaynee
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-05-2012, 11:30 AM

Ordering from Landywood

Hello all,

Thought about trying out Landywoods for Max's dinner.

Just wondered how much of the beef tripe chunks I'd need to order for a weeks worth of meals?

Minced Beef Tripe 454g £9.60 x 20
Beef Tripe Chunks 454g £2.75 x 5

Just wondered what the x20, and x5 mean? Is this meals or pieces?

Max is about a collie size dog.

Thanks in advance
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2012, 12:01 PM
I've not used Landywoods but many of the raw food suppliers provide the blocks in packs, so I would guess that x20 means you pay £9.60 for a box of 20 packs, and £2.75 for a box of 5 packs - each pack weighing 454g (1lb)

The guidelines for raw feeding is 2-3% of the dog's body weight. If Max is, for example, 20kg then he should be eating about 400-600g a day. You could try him off on a pack a day and see how he goes, if he loses weight then he needs to eat a little more, if he gains weight then cut back a bit. If he has another meal then remember to adjust the amounts - so if he has breakfast then you may want to only feed half a pack at dinner time and save the other half in the fridge for the next day.
Have you fed raw before? Don't forget that feeding solely tripe wouldn't be a balanced diet - he needs a variety of meats to provide different nutrients, as well as bone and offal in his diet.
LauraJaynee
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-05-2012, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
I've not used Landywoods but many of the raw food suppliers provide the blocks in packs, so I would guess that x20 means you pay £9.60 for a box of 20 packs, and £2.75 for a box of 5 packs - each pack weighing 454g (1lb)

The guidelines for raw feeding is 2-3% of the dog's body weight. If Max is, for example, 20kg then he should be eating about 400-600g a day. You could try him off on a pack a day and see how he goes, if he loses weight then he needs to eat a little more, if he gains weight then cut back a bit. If he has another meal then remember to adjust the amounts - so if he has breakfast then you may want to only feed half a pack at dinner time and save the other half in the fridge for the next day.
Have you fed raw before? Don't forget that feeding solely tripe wouldn't be a balanced diet - he needs a variety of meats to provide different nutrients, as well as bone and offal in his diet.
Max has been on a raw diet for over two years now.

Thanks for the advice