View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SmokeyRabbit
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-11-2011, 01:14 AM
Very much doubt id fit,i did get him to go in pretending to throw a ball in he did it once or twice other week then became wise to my game,i threw liver cake in in yesterday he went in,turned round in tunnel and came back out end he went in,would be easier to go right though to other end but no not my shephard collie cross.someone said he may not like colour.

I am thinking the same I am not exactly small.lets just say me and tunnel opening not gonna mix unfortunately so thats out.

Originally Posted by coventrycatfish View Post
I can imagine what would happen if I tried this. I'd probably need the fire brigade to cut me out.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2011, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by SmokeyRabbit View Post
Very much doubt id fit,i did get him to go in pretending to throw a ball in he did it once or twice other week then became wise to my game,i threw liver cake in in yesterday he went in,turned round in tunnel and came back out end he went in,would be easier to go right though to other end but no not my shephard collie cross.someone said he may not like colour.

I am thinking the same I am not exactly small.lets just say me and tunnel opening not gonna mix unfortunately so thats out.
Get someone to hold him one end and call him from the other
Ir does take them a while to figure out they are supposed to run tru it - just recal a few times, then have a ball or food waiting at the exit and send him to it (you might have to guide him into the start as often they are smart and try and run around

Honestly take it slow and they love it in the end
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2011, 11:56 AM
I would start by recalling him through it, praise lots with either toy or food whichever he prefers. Repeat this, then send him through to someone else the other side dangling his toy, when he is doing this consistantly then move on to send him through and again lots of praise and reward. You can gradually build from there the distance/obstacles before the tunnel.

This is how I have taught all of my dogs, particularly mav who was unmotivated towards the tunnel. But as has been said...be careful what you wish for...
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2011, 12:28 PM
When I did a "have a go" at dogs unleashed with Sadie - I knew she'd refuse both tunnels - so I threw a treat through.. no problem..

But you've been given very good advice..
Sosha
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-12-2011, 06:12 PM
Fixed the closed tunnel by sort of building him one at home. Mines more difficult than theirs featuring a dining room chair and sown together bedsheet. Went through the real one without complaint at the weekend. Used food, toys, lifting the end and calling him through, clicker etc. Pretending to lob the ball through, feeding pork fat, then lobbing the ball down the stairs was a firm favourite.

Suppose I was trying to teach the word & this is fun.

Edit: And I started with it doubled up - so 1/2 length
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2