Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SmokeyRabbit
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-10-2011, 10:13 PM

No Cheque book issued by bank

I have pachesham beginners agility show entry form its says send a cheque as payment,Nationwide who i bank with doesnt issue cheque books i,ve asked, what do i do, do i contact email address to ask if they would except a postal order or another form of payment, shows in jan closes two weeks before or do i open a savings account with another bank that issues cheque books and put money aside?
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2011, 12:36 AM
Originally Posted by SmokeyRabbit View Post
I have pachesham beginners agility show entry form its says send a cheque as payment,Nationwide who i bank with doesnt issue cheque books i,ve asked, what do i do, do i contact email address to ask if they would except a postal order or another form of payment, shows in jan closes two weeks before or do i open a savings account with another bank that issues cheque books and put money aside?
Can you entry online for the show ? if not a PO should be acceptable
SmokeyRabbit
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-10-2011, 01:45 AM
Says send a cheque on entry form,a friends mum gave it to me.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2011, 06:12 AM
That is only because most people no longer use postal orders, but they are still extant.
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2011, 09:35 AM
If you go into Nationwide, you can ask them to print you a cheque for the required amount to the recipient
SmokeyRabbit
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-10-2011, 11:57 AM
I,ve asked before they wont do it.i even looked on internet banking last night.

Ive been told natwest issue cheque books so may be advisable to look into opening an account there and putting money aside.i will ask at agility later tonight.
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2011, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by SmokeyRabbit View Post
I,ve asked before they wont do it.i even looked on internet banking last night.

Ive been told natwest issue cheque books so may be advisable to look into opening an account there and putting money aside.i will ask at agility later tonight.

That's really bad if they don't issue cheque books but refuse to print you one off. I'd be speaking to a manager!!! I know they do it at our branch (not that that's a help to you sorry).
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2011, 04:08 PM
I bank with Nationwide and they sent me a new cheque book only a few weeks ago? I wonder if they've started to phase them out since then?

Looks like Show Societies are going to have to move out of the dark ages and start allowing more entries via the internet!
SmokeyRabbit
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-10-2011, 04:42 PM
think it depends where you live and what account you hold with them.I havent had a cheque book for years, someone suggested looking on iss but doubtful show will be on there as only aimed at beginner handlers a system like fosse data would be good, i ve also found out recentely from iss when my boys ready for full height i have to enter him as a collie cross not a crossbreed thats why the collie cross option is on there breed drop down menu, even though his activity registration says crossbreed.
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2011, 07:46 PM
My brother had issues with this, in the end he opened another acccount with Barclays and hasn't had this issue, nor have I with Barclays, infact I believe I have a cheque book in the post!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >