View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 06:47 PM

Was anyone else at the Thames DTC comp at Reading today?

It was Enzo and my first competition! I didn't have high hopes because of the awful weather but he did really well on his first run, I was so pleased and proud!

We didn't quite go clear as we fluffed the weave entrance, but for a first run in competition I have no complaints!

Our second class - not so good to put it mildly! He was wet and miserable, I hadn't got to walk the course as I'd been at the other ring and then I slipped and landed on my bum! He looked so worried, poor boy! After that it was a lost cause as we were both all over the place.

My club was running a ring so I did my bit to help but by about 2 I was wet and cold and miserable and called it a day. Really couldn't believe such dire weather in June!

J.
Jfk
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-06-2011, 12:50 AM
Oh no poor you, what a horrid way to experience your first show. Hope it doesn't put you off! Sounds like you did really well too, I can't believe more people didn't do Torvill and Dean impersonations. I think that was the worst day I've ever spent at a show and as I was camping I currently have a tent doing breaststroke in my garage.

Are you entered in any more?
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 06:47 AM
I was entered yesterday but my van is poorly so didn't go - quite glad really!
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by Jfk View Post
Oh no poor you, what a horrid way to experience your first show. Hope it doesn't put you off! Sounds like you did really well too, I can't believe more people didn't do Torvill and Dean impersonations. I think that was the worst day I've ever spent at a show and as I was camping I currently have a tent doing breaststroke in my garage.

Are you entered in any more?
No not a good start, but not put me off! I need to get on agilitynet and see what else we can sign up for.

Camping! I bet it will take you about a week to dry off!

Originally Posted by Fivedogpam View Post
I was entered yesterday but my van is poorly so didn't go - quite glad really!
Definitely a good one to miss!

J.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-06-2011, 11:16 AM
How much does he weigh and how tall is he ??
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
How much does weigh and how tall is he ??
Why? Did you mean to post that here?

If you did he is well in the small agility size, I don't know his height and weight exactly, do you want me to measure him???

J.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-06-2011, 03:26 PM
I would love to do it with Coco when she old enough ..
Just checking the size..lol
TBBS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 03:35 PM
I had a weekend at home! Glad I chose this weekend, although the 2 weekends before I'd packed the awning away in the rain!!!

Originally Posted by Murf View Post
I would love to do it with Coco when she old enough ..
Just checking the size..lol
Small is 35cm or under
Medium is over 35cm but not over 43 cms
Large is over 43cm

They need to be measured at 15 months or old (before if obviously large) and 2nd measure a year to 2 years after the 1st (unless obviously large and 2nd measure crossed through in record book)

I need to get my younster measured in the next few months, she's 14.5 months old now and is about 18" tall, she'll be large.
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by TBBS View Post
They need to be measured at 15 months or old (before if obviously large) and 2nd measure a year to 2 years after the 1st (unless obviously large and 2nd measure crossed through in record book)
Yeah, it's a bit of a con if you ask me! Enzo was measured just before his 2nd birthday, he really isn't likely to have a growth spurt now!

I like running a small dog, the number of entries is a lot lower and we don't have to go up against collies! I don't think I'd ever seen so many collies Not that I have anything against them, lovely dogs, but I also enjoy watching the variety of the small dogs, think I had the only Affenpinscher though.

Definitely give it a go, Murf, it's great fun!

J.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-06-2011, 04:05 PM
She in obedience training now and going through tunnels and learning left and right ...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >