Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-03-2011, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by Tinglesnark View Post
good luck lynn! i missed the other post..what breed is he or is he a bitsa? x
Retriever cross what with is anyones guess I think.

Funny thing it was the ears that did it for me and I said nothing to Gorden when I showed him the pictures, thats just how Ollies ears were sort of triangular shaped and when trimmed looked just like Miles's ears.
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 01:19 PM
Good luck - I hope it goes well.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-03-2011, 01:25 PM
Just rung many Tears and had the application taken off. Ollies ashes arrived a few minutes ago and i'm in pieces i cannot let another dog in at the moment.

I don't want to waste their time and his chance of a good home.
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 01:25 PM
Well if it meant to be then it will be At least he is reserved for now so no one else can get to him before you
Tinglesnark
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-03-2011, 01:29 PM
(hugs) i understand lynn, let yourself grieve first love x (hugs)
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 01:34 PM
Oh Lynn, hugs to you first off, please don't feel bad, it is totally understandable and however much time it takes you to get another dog, that is the right amount of time. You were brave to ring up and ensure the boy wasn't overlooked.
Take your time, grieve for your boy, and be kind to yourself, you loved him so much, and the tears will come and go and the most random thing can trigger off a memory and upset you, but I also hope you smile at some of the memories Ollie gave you, he was loved, he is loved and will always be loved.
Finally, more hugs to you Lynn xxxx
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 01:36 PM
*Hugs*

Thinking of you xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-03-2011, 01:44 PM
Thank you all for understanding.

It just seems so real now as soon as I had that box in my hand it all became real. I think I had always had this feeling he was still in hospital and although not with me he was still here if you know what I mean.

I now can see he isn't coming back he has gone. It is like a bad dream. Putting his favourite squeaky pig, collar, lead harnesses in with him has hit home.

I feel so bad I am sure if I had the courage to let another dog in Miles would of been the one I realised when I got Ollie back I am in no position at the moment to give the time another dog needs especially a rescue dog.

I will look forward to cuddles with Zanta on Saturday cuddles with Bevs dogs who I am sitting on Wednesday and look forward to June if Bramley comes to stay maybe by then I will of started to heal and be able to make room in my heart for another dog again.

I truly hope Miles finds the home he so deserves.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 01:48 PM
Oh Lynn my heart just breaks for you. Miles will find a loving home and you just need to do what's right for you at this moment. Ollie was such a huge part of your life and the emotions you must be going through now are so hard. Hugs to you xxxxx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 01:55 PM
Thinking of you as I know how tough today will be. I didn't realise you had applied to a rescue, but don't worry about having to cancel your application, they will understand and when your ready you will go ahead and give a very lucky dog a chance of happiness. Big hugs
Page 6 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »