Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2010, 10:56 AM

Repeal of 'Dont ask dont tell'

Just been reading about the US srcapping this law and have to say its about time!! Its terrible that such a large worldwide power would still have such an outdated view of sexual prefrence.

I am sure gay people in the forces will be just as professional now as always and it will be a positive step forward. Much like President Truman's order ending racial segregation in the US Armed Forces in 1947 which was met with the same fears by some.

What do others think though?
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2010, 11:48 AM
I think it`s no-one else`s business what someone`s sexuality is.
On the other hand, sharing a shower and dormitory with someone who might find you physically attractive could be embarrassing, so tbh I think I`d probably rather not know.
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2010, 12:16 PM
I think it's good news and about time too. I think Pr. Obama said it all in his speech. I know and have known lots of 'gays' and it's never occurred to me to be wary of whether they may or may not fancy me. On the whole I would think they stick to their own, just like hetros and don't come on to people who aren't of their orientation.
Actually come to think of it one of my daughter's friends some years ago saw me driving my car and did express an interest before she knew who I was - lol -
Azz
Administrator
Male 

29-12-2010, 02:27 PM
I think it's about time too. As one of my favourite authors says, you can tell how backwards a country is by their view on homosexuality. (Personally I think the same applies to people.)

Just something I'd like to pick up from your first post, sexuality is not a 'preference' - you don't choose to be gay/straight
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2010, 09:53 AM
I'm well pleased that Obama held to this promise to push to have DADT repealed! It is about time! What a ridiculous law!

So Obama was in my good books until he made that bonehead move with Michael Vick. What the heck was he thinking???
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2011, 03:13 AM
As an American, I am SO PROUD of my president for this one. This was a lousy law and meant a lot of good men and women were kicked out for no good reason.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2011, 06:43 AM
Go Obama!

Brilliant news.
AshMan
Dogsey Senior
Male 

04-03-2011, 12:02 PM
(might suprise a few)

But good news. People should be allowed to be honest about themselves.
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-03-2011, 12:19 PM
Brilliant
Tinglesnark
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-03-2011, 12:33 PM
i am still shocked that this law was even passed in the first place!

really glad that this is happening as it is ridiculous to pass LAWS on people's sexual orientation in this day and age, it is prejudice and should be eradicated.

*claps hands
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >