Our sister sites
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2009, 10:21 AM

Broadband....

who you with??

are they any good?

and if you dont mind telling me how much it is?

im with orange currently and not happy at all - wont go into too much detail....

so we need new broadband providers.... virgin posted an offer to me earlier £5 a month for 3 months then £12 a month after... with extra secutiry. free box. and 25 photos a month delivered.... i think this is quite good....

i just surf the net and down load about 10 songs amonth if that.... so dont need endless download faclilties..

ohh and need a free box as well!!

elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2009, 10:49 AM
Were with Virgin, before that it was Sky and I didn't have much luck with them, before that it was orange and they were absolutly crap had endless arguments with them.

My son took the Virgin one although he has the highest speed and downloads I think he pays about £25 month, but it is a wireless router, which was free, so I can surf too!! and it dont cost me a penny
Virgin is really good for fast surfing and downloads, because it doesn't go down the phone line so there is no interference.
Elaine x
lilyput
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-05-2009, 12:33 PM
Demon. Absolutely first class - backup is awesome.

About £20 per month for ADSL line and we provide the router.
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-05-2009, 04:10 PM
I'm with virgin, we have the XL package for phone, broadband and tv, broadbnd on it's own is about £25/£30 but we have the fastest broaband speed and unlimited downloads. Love it, had prob's at the beginning but got there in the end
Harleygjc
Dogsey Junior
Male 

23-05-2009, 04:38 PM
with virgin here, paying around £17.61 a month just for BB alone have a highish d/l limit although the service is ok system wise the customer support is a utter joke! I tried several times over a issue I had and both tech support and customer service each said it was the other's problem! other than that they've been fairly good in the ten years or so I've used em, only gone down about twice.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2009, 04:41 PM
hiya
with sky here and as we have tv and phone with them we pay £5 for the basic broadband which is more than ample as i dont download much other than a few songs - no problems in 3 years with them, so very happy with them.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2009, 05:34 PM
Virgin Media. I get freeview (for free) and broadband / phone rental for under £20.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2009, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by lilyput View Post
Demon. Absolutely first class - backup is awesome.

About £20 per month for ADSL line and we provide the router.
aw...my son does Demon tech support - I`ll pass that on!
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2009, 09:19 PM
thanks everyone!!!

will look into all those

we only pay £10 now so i think £15 would be the max.. so will check out any deals the companys you mentioned have!