Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2022, 08:59 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, 12th March, 2022

Good morning all, sorry I have been AWOL for so long. not been at all well. Hope you are all ok. Take care. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-03-2022, 10:34 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.
Sorry you have been unwell Moyra hope you are on the road to recovery.
Sheets on the line on this yet another sunny blowy day.
Gorden is trying to fix the toilet it either won't fill the cistern or now won't stop filling.
Hoping if this doesn't take all day to move Mr. Pleco into his new home and clean the big tank up and advertise it for a few pennies.

Kazz what a lovely thought and thank you didn't realise how close you were to the NEC.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2022, 12:00 PM
Afternoon all
Moyra, hope you are better
Hope Mr Pleco's move goes well
Drama here again....my dad. Mums told me she is selling the house and I don't blame her.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2022, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Moyra and all to follow.
Sorry you have been unwell Moyra hope you are on the road to recovery.
Sheets on the line on this yet another sunny blowy day.
Gorden is trying to fix the toilet it either won't fill the cistern or now won't stop filling.
Hoping if this doesn't take all day to move Mr. Pleco into his new home and clean the big tank up and advertise it for a few pennies.

Kazz what a lovely thought and thank you didn't realise how close you were to the NEC.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.

I think it would be nice to meet up we do not have to stay together all day or anything we could simply say "Hello"
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2022, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Afternoon all
Moyra, hope you are better
Hope Mr Pleco's move goes well
Drama here again....my dad. Mums told me she is selling the house and I don't blame her.
Wow and Wow Griff take care.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2022, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Good morning all, sorry I have been AWOL for so long. not been at all well. Hope you are all ok. Take care. God bless.
Lovely to see you back posting Moyra how is everything your end?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2022, 02:18 PM
Thanks Kazz, just at a loss with him. Not a pleasant place to be at the moment, add the fact I am suffering with terrible abdominal pains again...well top day lol
Did have a laugh earlier, the dogs were wrestling in the garden, I am never sure what to do because of Kota's back but I decided to let them have a minute....I think they approve muchly of their new grass
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-03-2022, 02:29 PM
Just had to do a repair to the rear letter box flap. Some time ago a postman tried to force a package too big for it and damaged the wind protect brushes inside. Since then they complain about letters getting stuck on the interal plate cover. So Sue decided on a new one and ordered it while I have done a bit of work reducing the front cover studs which were too long. Hopefully this should stop the postmen complaining.

On top of that the previous owner even manage to bodge the simple job of fitting a letter opening in the door. so I again have had to work with extremely poor workmanship in the first place

He could not even drill a simple hole for the stud to go through or initially used the wrong size front plate

Shown with internal cover lifted out the way

What really bugs me is he was supposed to be a builder and carpenter, no wonder his company went bust
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2022, 03:16 PM
Barry, generally alleged builders have the worst workmanship on their houses....never have enough time or inclination to do anything properly. Same as mechanics, most of us after working on cars all week can't be bothered with messing about with our own.....we wait until we have to do a repair.
Amazon pee me off doing that, shoving a package in the letter box that's far too big