Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wendyann
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-09-2008, 03:55 PM

Boxer Puppy?!!!!

My son and daughter in law came to visit on Tuesday and brought with them their 8 week old new boxer puppy, red in colour with white socks and bib, John and I fell in love! Next day my son Paul rang his breeder and she had 2 females left, so yesterday my son arrived with the now Coco in his arms for us, My 2 Cavs are very put out at the moment and growl any time she goes near them, hopefully this will sort itself out, any help with this would be appreciated!! will post pictures later x
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2008, 04:30 PM
I got a little puppy 2 months ago and my oldies were a bit put out . This is entirely normal
Make sure the others get plenty of attention and treats too .

Give them their own space eg puppy to sleep in a crate or different room so they are not pestered at night .

Teach the puppy not to annoy them and if she does and they snarl don't give them a row .

Don't allow the puppy to annoy them on walks if necessary keep her on and extending lead so she doesn't .

Feed them separately if necessary so she doesn't steal their food .

Don't try to force them to be friends , they will be eventually but it's got to be in their own time .

Hope this is of some help
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-09-2008, 07:40 PM
Give them time to adjust they will be fine, boxers are great dogs, something you won't regret.
Post some pics please.
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2008, 08:14 PM
Ah congrats. They will sort themselves out. I'm sure it will be fine. Pics please xx