Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2008, 06:44 AM
poor love. Wishing her a speedy recovery x
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2008, 11:40 AM
That sounds awful, although tbh I would be surprised that a fox would launch an unprovoked attack on a dog the size of a GSD unless cornered and badly scared.

That said, I am pleased that Mischka seems to be making a good recovery and hope she overcomes her fear of the garden.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2008, 12:29 PM
Very pleased to hear the dog is OK, but Im with Kirsty, i have worked Dogs to Fox, they weigh on average about 14lbs, I cant for the life of me see one attacking a dog, especially a large one, it could well be the otehr way round though.
freddie-frecks
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-09-2008, 04:56 PM
I suppose it could be that but she isn't a particularly confident or confrontational dog, she would be more likely to run away from her own shadow tbh. Unless she didnt see it and her being startled made the fox startle but we'll never know, the foxes just use our garden as a thorough fayre to next doors chickens! but as you said at least shes ok and making a speedy recovery,
Thanks for all youre kind concern
x
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2008, 05:36 PM
Oh my god that is awful poor baby girl. Glad she is ok.
henry06
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-09-2008, 08:21 PM
Im glad she is recovering. Reading this post though has just added another worry to my list as im not on the look out for foxes. frogs, other dogs etc... Henry loves all these encounters it's me who panics to death but im sure he would if he was approached by a fox!!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2008, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by freddie-frecks View Post
I suppose it could be that but she isn't a particularly confident or confrontational dog, she would be more likely to run away from her own shadow tbh. Unless she didnt see it and her being startled made the fox startle but we'll never know, the foxes just use our garden as a thorough fayre to next doors chickens! but as you said at least shes ok and making a speedy recovery,
Thanks for all youre kind concern
x
Foxes are incredibly nervy, they will strike if cornered and cant escape, a few will stay backed up. Whatever the cause of her injuries, Im pleased she is ok.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2