Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2008, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I`d like to see the KC and the RSPCSA collaborate on a publicity campaign educating the general public about what they should demand or look for when buying a dog. I think it should make it clear what the minimum standards of health-checks should be, and also what the legal rights of buyers are, and point out the pitfalls of buying from BYB and `bad` breeders.
I would also like to see them set up a database for reporting health problems from owners, breeders and vets, that can be used to pinpoint problem lines.
I like that idea, would be good if breeder could use this database for research
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2008, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I`d like to see the KC and the RSPCSA collaborate on a publicity campaign educating the general public about what they should demand or look for when buying a dog. I think it should make it clear what the minimum standards of health-checks should be, and also what the legal rights of buyers are, and point out the pitfalls of buying from BYB and `bad` breeders.
I would also like to see them set up a database for reporting health problems from owners, breeders and vets, that can be used to pinpoint problem lines.
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
I like that idea, would be good if breeder could use this database for research
Me too. In fact this was one of my biggest gripes about that BBC programme - pointing out all the bad but not explaining how to find the good.

Without education the current situation is making it even easier for the BYBs and puppy farmers and this can't be right.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2