View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2008, 01:38 PM
ETA: I stated people who buy rotties want KC reg, thats not really true, but IMO many people that want rotties for the right reasons, look for KC reg dogs,
I didnt word my first post very well
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2008, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by GSD-Sue View Post
Hope something comes of this because the extreme bias makes it hard to complain to the KC about things that need complaining about. Had a letter from them when I wrote after the programme & they were saying the thing that upset them most was that they quoted widely from a study at Cambridge without acknowledging that the study had been requested & paid for by the Kennel Club. if only the programme had been less biased but still brought out some of the definite medical problems I think it would have got things happening instead of polarising two camps who should be pulling together for the good of those poor spaniels.
Yep, and that was so damning, the KC chose to ignore it perhaps?
spot
Dogsey Veteran

18-09-2008, 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
the problem is, they are trying to step forward, {ok poss not fast enough } but the programe decided not to cover any of the work they are doing into improving dogs in the UK,
Are they, why is it so slow then? These problems have been known for decades yet they have done nothing about it, yet the RSPCA gets all the flack and the KC all the praise for making some half assed attempt at trying to look good and achieving nothing for the dogs.

Maybe the programme should of tried to minimize the damage to the KC but quite frankly Im glad they didn’t turn it into a Crufts advert which it appear the KC and breeders think it should have been

Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
They just seem to be saying the same thing over and over though.
- the programme was badly researched and made
- we have no power
- if we take a hard line, we will lose breeders support
- it is all the fault of the Victorians

Would good breeders actually leave the KC if they got tough?

Same old same old from the KC

Of course it was badly researched and made – it was all lies and the KC have never done anything wrong.
Nope no power whatsoever – so just what is the point of them apart from make money out of dog shows and registering whatever dog comes along regardless of health, number of litters bred etc.
Yep lets not upset any of the breeders who are giving us money regardless of their breeding practises.
The Victorians – well it makes a change from the RSPCA I suppose

Would breeders leave – probably not, bad breeders might which would be a disaster for the coffers of the KC – so why upset anyone.

Originally Posted by mse2ponder View Post
Yep, and that was so damning, the KC chose to ignore it perhaps?
Does seem rather a contradictory stand to take doesn’t it?
spot
Dogsey Veteran

18-09-2008, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
I feel disappointed that they are not accepting any responsibility for anything and are blaming everyone else.
If they are not seen to be making any changes, then good, ethical breeders may begin to dis-associate themselves from them and all that will be left is the bad breeders.
But they are blameless it is everyone elses fault either the RSPCA the Victorians or the ruddy klingons!

Quite frankly they wont give a damn so long as the money keeps coming in. Im amazed actually that many more ethical breeder have not come out against the KC, it seems to have a sort of hypnotic power over them. Ive seen very little change over the years but its only now that anyone is daring to criticize them and even then they get shouted down even by ethical breeders.
ssmith80
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-09-2008, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by GSD-Sue View Post
Hope something comes of this because the extreme bias makes it hard to complain to the KC about things that need complaining about. Had a letter from them when I wrote after the programme & they were saying the thing that upset them most was that they quoted widely from a study at Cambridge without acknowledging that the study had been requested & paid for by the Kennel Club. if only the programme had been less biased but still brought out some of the definite medical problems I think it would have got things happening instead of polarising two camps who should be pulling together for the good of those poor spaniels.
This is completely right. I think all the organisations should be pulling together to sort this out, not just butting horns over whos fault this is, and who told who to do what.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2008, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
Are they, why is it so slow then? These problems have been known for decades yet they have done nothing about it, yet the RSPCA gets all the flack and the KC all the praise for making some half assed attempt at trying to look good and achieving nothing for the dogs.

Maybe the programme should of tried to minimize the damage to the KC but quite frankly Im glad they didn’t turn it into a Crufts advert which it appear the KC and breeders think it should have been

Same old same old from the KC

Of course it was badly researched and made – it was all lies and the KC have never done anything wrong.
Nope no power whatsoever – so just what is the point of them apart from make money out of dog shows and registering whatever dog comes along regardless of health, number of litters bred etc.
Yep lets not upset any of the breeders who are giving us money regardless of their breeding practises.
The Victorians – well it makes a change from the RSPCA I suppose

Would breeders leave – probably not, bad breeders might which would be a disaster for the coffers of the KC – so why upset anyone.

Does seem rather a contradictory stand to take doesn’t it?
Originally Posted by spot View Post
But they are blameless it is everyone elses fault either the RSPCA the Victorians or the ruddy klingons!

Quite frankly they wont give a damn so long as the money keeps coming in. Im amazed actually that many more ethical breeder have not come out against the KC, it seems to have a sort of hypnotic power over them. Ive seen very little change over the years but its only now that anyone is daring to criticize them and even then they get shouted down even by ethical breeders.
spot I feel your trying to ram words in peoples mouths, NOT once have I said the KC are blameless, there are clear flaws in the system, you really are making this into a personal vendeta,
If you really want to lay blame somewhere, TRY starting at the root cause,,, BREEDERS
sallyinlancs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-09-2008, 03:36 PM
IMO the KC is a waste of space. It's all about money, NOT dogs.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2