View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2008, 04:34 PM
Cochillo, you judged rotts for 25 years? What's your affix?

I am aware of a bitch (rott) just got CC not long ago with poor pigmentation, even mentioned it in the critique, it's not the be all and end all...

*off to look at Bear's gob just out of interest*

ETA, he's got a black gob lol. He's not actually a bad rott considering, only is his ears sometimes fly and his tail. I'd have given him a whirl if I had his papers.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2008, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
well I must be in the muppet club,. Tegan being vinnie and hollys mother

guess what.....vinnie and holly have good dark mouths.............
See my post Shona, lol. ^^^^^^^^

One of the last things a decent judge looks at really as it in no way affects the dog's health, mind if she's judge rotts for 25 years i'll know who she is when she tells us.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2008, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post

One of the last things a decent judge looks at really as it in no way affects the dog's health, mind if she's judge rotts for 25 years i'll know who she is when she tells us.
Yup there is a lot worse faults you can get in rotties than pink mouths, TBH, if every breeder who had pink pigment, or the odd white hair on there dog wrote those dogs off for breeding then the gene pool would be stangled to death,

the key is knowing your bitches faults and using a stud dog that will improve them,, or vice versa,

Tegan also has flying ears,, her feet aint the best either, but again due to my choice of stud,, the pups are just dandy,,,

Any breeder can only improve on what they have,

but the expert judge on the forum will know all this I guess

Ps Kel, I think bear would hold his own in the ring,, lets face it Tegan qualified for crufts her first show out
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2008, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post

Lol she says she judges Malamutes and Samoyeds and gives tickets in one of them but says they aren't northern breeds and then she took on an NI but didn't know it wasn't a breed!!! AND didn't know that Mals aren't trimmed..

Sounds a bit odd to me..(but I have someone looking into it)
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2008, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
Lol she says she judges Malamutes and Samoyeds and gives tickets in one of them but says they aren't northern breeds and then she took on an NI but didn't know it wasn't a breed!!! AND didn't know that Mals aren't trimmed..

Sounds a bit odd to me..(but I have someone looking into it)
im wondering was she the judge that gave royce a critique saying " could have had a more masculine head"
here he is looking oh so girly

Paddywack
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-09-2008, 08:53 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
Yup there is a lot worse faults you can get in rotties than pink mouths, TBH, if every breeder who had pink pigment, or the odd white hair on there dog wrote those dogs off for breeding then the gene pool would be stangled to death
Exactly. who cares whether the dog has a pink or a dark mouth. Does it affect his temperament? No, does it affect his health? No. This is why I hate dog shows.
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5