Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
..it has loose (pink) flews as has been stated..the pigment is all black as desired but UK mal standard doesn't make any mention of it..SO for Mals its not a fault...hope that answers the Mal side of things..
As you say, in our breed standard pigmentation is not mentioned, however I believe this to be an oversight - it is mentioned in the standard of the country of origin and is important. Breeders should be looking at the pigmentation when breeding even though it isn't specifically mentioned in the UK standard.

Originally Posted by cochillo View Post
Correct trimming
Well Mals are supposed to be shown naturally so this should be an easy point for the judge to determine

Looking at the photo, yes the pink at the front looks to be the tongue but the pink on the side is either pink lips or loose flews both of these are a bad fault and can be passed on if used for breeding.
They are both faults, however the severity of them needs to be assessed in context. Most breeders do not breed from poorly pigmented dogs or from ones with very loose flews (such as it appears in the original photo). However if the dog was outstanding in all other respects (including health/temperament etc) then just because they have relatively loose flews or slightly poor pigmentation (I am not talking if the pigmentation was to the extent in that image, or if the flews were that loose) doesn't mean that a breeder should automatically discount them, they would just need to choose an appropriate mate. Obviously if a breeder was producing multiple dogs with these faults then they would need to take a good hard look at their breeding, but I wouldn't say that the dog should be automatically excluded. IMO conditions such as epilepsy (which are surfacing more now) are worse than loose flews, especially if the breeder takes steps to minimise the occurance of this being passed on (and obviously the breeder choosing the offspring carefully - keeping one who does not show such a degree of looseness etc in order to carry on their line).

Also looking at the eyes to me they look very light and if it a malamute light eyes are only permissible in red and white dogs.
I wouldn't say they are very light, they are ligher than I would desire on a grey, however I know of a dog whom has light eyes and has done very well in the show ring (even though it is not to the standard). In this case the judges have obviously been looking at the overall dog and their light eyes aren't enough of an issue to prevent them from doing well.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 09:16 PM
Just got over 20 PM's It is plain to see why so many people refer to you as 'the toilet' because of the amount of **** you talk!

There must be an awful lot of people on hear that can't stand you.
Can you no add something adult to this thread
cochillo
New Member!
Female 

16-09-2008, 09:24 PM
Greyhawk, Thank you just was just what I was trying to get across to that Muppet!

Going to bed, Good night all.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 09:31 PM
Yes... I am a muppet..better than being a liar and having to make up 20 imaginary friends LOL..

PEOPLE WITH UNDER 20 POSTS DON'T GET PM's..

And what has Kirsty said that agree's with you?? I agree with everything Kirsty said..so still I am missing your point

I said it wasn't in the UK standard..and its not.. it's up to breeders integrity to choose whether they breed from them or not..

Oh and for someone who judges Mals... they should KNOW that Mals aren't trimmed!!!
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 09:45 PM
Greyhawk, Thank you just was just what I was trying to get across to that Muppet!
That muppet happens to be a friend of mine and whilst I am sometimes amused by the name calling that goes on, I would prefer to have a conversation/debate with people who remain civial and express their thoughts in a calm and mature manner.

I think you are both talking from completely opposite ends of the spectrum whilst I see it more from a middle ground. Lou wants a well bred pup that first and foremost has a fantastic temperament and very good health. If they don't meet the standard exactly then it doesn't stop them from being a wonderful pet. From what I can see from your posts, you are assessing it from purely a conformational perspective - yes loose flews aren't desirable, nor is poor pigment but as I said these things have to be looked at in context (using my scenario of light eyes as an example). I am in the middle and want it all, a dog that has good conformation but that had a great temperament and good health (the latter two can not be judged in a show ring). I can also appreciate that whilst a dog may have a minor fault, that doesn't mean it should necessarily be excluded from breeding if it has many great qualities to bring to the breed AND it is a fault that can be bred out over time (and not one that is more detrimental to the breed than the things the dog has to offer).
Azz
Administrator
Male 

16-09-2008, 10:41 PM
Just got over 20 PM's It is plain to see why so many people refer to you as 'the toilet' because of the amount of **** you talk!

My point is you read a post but you don't understand what has been written. Ask one of your children to read it to you and then explain what it means.

If you keep on posting the rubbish you are posting. What rating do you get after Veteran?
Both of these posts have led to an infraction (1 each).

Please read our Posting Guidelines and terms of use - we do not allow name-calling or getting personal.

Everyone's allowed an opinion - just keep the threads amicable.

In addition, discussion is of utmost important to move forward, one sidedness never got anyone anywhere.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 11:12 PM

Although a lot of the people on here give advice and I know by what is written they are taking it from books or searching the net. Some of it is incorrect. I know they mean well but as it is said ' a little knowledge can do a lot of damage' .
Can`t it just - a bit like you bowling on in without considering how much knowledge people actually have. How much to do with breed standards have you simply lifted from a book or the net yourself ?

I came on Dogsey about 7 months ago to find out some information on a NI I had aquired. After reading the abuse and rude comments that were written about these dogs I decided this site was not a site for a true dog lover. It is used as a tool for personal attacks on certain breeds and individuals.
Wrong. It`s because its a site for dog lovers that questions get asked. The spats occur because too many people prefer smokescreens and secrecy. That and so many splits within a breed only 20 years old because of arguments so early on and a load of `he said she said` type tosh, if you look at who most of the arguing comes from it`s a small element of people from one faction or another, not about the dogs themselves but who`s who in this or that faction, hardly very grown up behaviour sadly.

It is a shame that so many of the members of this forum find such pleasure in pulling to pieces other peoples dogs.
No one gets pleasure like that, and it`s not dogs being pulled to pieces, total lack of ethics of some breeders that get pulled apart, [ any breed ], absolutely yes, and quite right too.

I thought as a dog forum it would have been a place any dog owner could have come for constructive advice.
It is. If you have a look at other threads outside of this section you`ll see that happening all the time.

What makes it worse is the people that give out the most abuse are the people that are classed as Gold Supporters, Diamond Supporters and Vetrans. I take it that they get these ratings by the number of postings they put on and not from their knowledge of dogs!
Gold and Diamond supporters are sponsors. Veterans etc are by number of posts, most forums have similar settings.

May I suggest to the peolple that run this site that ratings should only be given to people that have the correct amount of knowledge and not on the number of postings they put on.
No you may not It`s a forum technical thing, not something admins on any forums `award` on an individual basis.

If it was kept as a positive site I am sure it would attract a lot more truely knowledgeable dog people.
There are more knowledgeable people here than on all other dog sites combined imo.

You could then put a section in and call it 'THE MUPPET OR WANT TO BE ROOM'.
Are you volunteering to be the doorperson ?

I am sorry if I sound a bit harsh but that is the difference between someone like me who loves their dogs and doesn't have a go at any breed but I don't mind having a go a people that do pull dogs to bits.
Looks to me more like you have a bit of an ego issue that causes you to `need` to talk down to people but hey I could be wrong I suppose.

Yes I do judge dogs, that does not mean to say there is no room in my life for dogs that aren't show dogs. Not everyone wants to show and if you look at the dogs out in the street or in the park you will probably find there are more uncrowned champions in pet homes then there are in show homes.
I`m an agility instructor and qualified judge but not all my dogs do agility, many here are instructors and judges in various canine activities but not all their dogs participate in them either, so your point is

Yes Louise I have judge both breeds and give tickets in one. If you would breed from a dog with pink lips it is quite clear to see why you do not show and for god sake don't breed! You could be the first member of the Muppet Club
What were you saying about constructive advice and not being unpleasant ?

louise i would still go over your dogs they may have faults what dog doesnt ? you may know a little about dogs but you got your rateing by the number of posts you put on , not on your knowledge of dogs .
i have read a few of your postings you get off on pulling people and there dogs to bit you must lead a very sad life
Where has she `pulled dogs to bits` please ?

Read The Posting Louise!!!!!!

You said you have Alaskan Malamute and Samoyed, have you judged them? My reply was 'yes, I have judged both and give tickets in one'

No way did I say I give tickets in the Northern breeds.

Yes I do have a Northern Inuit with very bad health problems, it was one the owners was going to have put to sleep and I took him. I also have 4 crossbreeds. If you are going to comment at least read the posts properly then put the comments on!
Have you contributed to the health thread in that regard ?

The Muppet Room is now open!
Sorry but you`ll find it a bit lonely in there...

My point is you read a post but you don't understand what has been written. Ask one of your children to read it to you and then explain what it means.

If you keep on posting the rubbish you are posting. What rating do you get after Veteran?
More rudeness for the sake of it...

Just got over 20 PM's
Not with under 20 forums posts you have`nt....
And the way you are going you might not be doing many more posts

It is plain to see why so many people refer to you as 'the toilet' because of the amount of **** you talk!

Yet more rudeness for the sake of it....

Going to bed, Good night all.
Do try to get out of bed on the right side when you get up
Perhaps then you could contribute to the thread by listing all the breeds for which it`s a fault, [ if you can remember the topic ], as you know so much more than any of us poor mortals
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2008, 03:40 PM
tegan's mouth

Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2008, 04:11 PM
She can come to the muppet room with me..I don't care if her gob is pink!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2008, 04:29 PM
Yes Louise I have judge both breeds and give tickets in one. If you would breed from a dog with pink lips it is quite clear to see why you do not show and for god sake don't breed! You could be the first member of the Muppet Club
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
She can come to the muppet room with me..I don't care if her gob is pink!
well I must be in the muppet club,. Tegan being vinnie and hollys mother

guess what.....vinnie and holly have good dark mouths.............
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >