Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Colley1275
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-04-2008, 09:28 PM

Dog friendly pubs in Whitby ??

HI there all,

We are planning a weekend away in Whitby in May and wanted to find out if anyone knows of any dog friendly pubs in Whitby as we want to take our dog with us on the night.... we are only taking one and she is quiet and well behaved

Thanks in advance
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2008, 12:06 AM
Don't know the area but googled
"dog friendly pubs in whitby and quite a bit came up.

Here's one link for you that has a few in Whitby. Would suggest you give them a call in advance just to make sure the advert is out of date and things have changed.

http://www.doggiepubs.org.uk/index.p...lurb=yes&22=on
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2008, 05:15 PM
I have been to whitby a few times (before I had a dog) but it seemed v dog friendly
deff seen dogs in the spa and the little angel but it really seems to be the proper old england place where dogs are welcome
Have fun
jiadany
New Member!
Female 

18-09-2008, 08:17 AM
I know one Dog friendly pub in Derbyshire. ->Waltzing Weasel Inn
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-09-2008, 08:27 AM
I always have problems getting my dog in places in Whitby, so we tend to end up getting fish and chips and finding somewhere quiet to sit.
It's possibly that we end up going during the busier periods (we have so far not taken 'Ella to any of the Goth weekends, because all the people might blow her mind) but Whitby is still pretty popular unless you can go mid-week in term time, so we've found it hard enough getting two people into a pub, much less two people and a dog.

I'd give a couple of the pubs a call before you go and check that dogs are allowed. Our favourite pub is the Duke of York, and they tend to have water dishes for dogs outside, so seem pretty dog-friendly in that respect and might permit dogs inside.