Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2007, 12:39 AM
Originally Posted by AnneUK View Post
Is that really fair on the dogs though? being up rooted from their home and moved onto another. It's bad enough irresponsible owners do this to dogs without ethical breeders doing it too.
So on that theory, all Rescues should keep the dogs that come in then, as then moving them on isn't fair uprooting them !!
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-11-2007, 12:45 AM
Originally Posted by mo View Post
as far as I am concerned an ethical breeder would rehome a dog privately to a suitable home,
but these homes (maybe not all) could be used for dogs of the same breed waiting in general and breed rescues. I don't think it's fair to say breeder returns don't have a knock on effect on rescue. But I agree at least the dog isn't ending up in rescue.
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-11-2007, 12:50 AM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
So on that theory, all Rescues should keep the dogs that come in then, as then moving them on isn't fair uprooting them !!
That's just silly, a rescue doesn't breed or produce dogs. A rescue doesn't choose to take in a dog and then rehome him/her when they're no longer needed. Rescues are helping to find homes for those dogs who others have already chosen to get rid of.

If rescues kept all the dogs in their care, no more could be helped and dogs would die as a result, dogs are already dying because there are too many and not enough homes or rescue spaces available
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2007, 12:51 AM
but these homes (maybe not all) could be used for dogs of the same breed waiting in general and breed rescues. I don't think it's fair to say breeder returns don't have a knock on effect on rescue. But I agree at least the dog isn't ending up in rescue.
If you look at it like that Anne then every dog every born will have a knock on effect on Rescue. I don't think attacking Ethical breeders who care for their dogs is the right way to go about battling that !! You want to be attacking the breeders that don't care about the rescue situation and carry on breeding to fund their lavish lifestyles.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2007, 12:54 AM
Is that really fair on the dogs though? being up rooted from their home and moved onto another. It's bad enough irresponsible owners do this to dogs without ethical breeders doing it too.
As I stated my new owners are carefuly veted perhaps I should hav qualified the dog will go on a trail if the owner or the dog are not suited it comes back
Bye the way my dogs have been in kennels this year 4 have settled two havent, have you kenneled your dods do they settle,
Do yours dogs find it destressing kenneling
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-11-2007, 12:58 AM
From what I can gather there are a lot of folk that are very very pro rescue to the point that they're against any breeders (ethical or not) that produce dogs to be pets.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2007, 12:59 AM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
From what I can gather there are a lot of folk that are very very pro rescue to the point that they're against any breeders (ethical or not) that produce dogs to be pets.
You've hit the nail right on the head there
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-11-2007, 12:59 AM
.............Thankyou
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-11-2007, 01:01 AM
Malady, I'm not attacking ethical breeders. I agree with you, bybs and pfs are the scum of the breeding world and if they were on here I wouldn't hold back - then you'd see attacking
I'm just posting my honest thoughts in response to other posts.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2007, 01:01 AM
Anne I would like to know why you feel the need to keep returning to this thread, when it is dead, then posting yet another new reason to slate ethical breeders ??

It seems you really are intent on continuing this argument for the sake of it !
Page 39 of 42 « First < 29 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 >