Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shirleyc
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-01-2007, 04:19 PM

Agility

Hi All

I have been looking to take fudgie to an obedience class but am having trouble finding a class on the Island.
He is a really lively little dog and I think that he would really enjoy some dog agility classes but he is a Chihuahua! Do people do agility classes for smaller dogs I think hed be really good. The doggy network here isnt great so having trouble finding out any info"
DanishPastry
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-01-2007, 04:51 PM
Dogs of all sizes should be able to do agility, I have seen a couple of chi's competing here.
Make sure that if you find a class, they are a good reward based one, and that they have the dogs safety and wellbeing at heart. Perhaps you could go and watch a class, and see if you think the dogs look happy there, are the owners enthusiastic about it, and the trainers too! There should not be any shouting or telling the dogs off, or pushing dogs to so things they feel uncomfortable with.
Good luck :smt001
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2007, 05:35 PM
There are definitely agility clubs over there because I went to an agility show on the Isle of man!

http://www.iomdoc.com/

There is the link to the training club
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2007, 05:37 PM
Dachshunds do agility so I don't see why Chi's can't! Good Luck!
Becky
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2007, 07:32 PM
In my class there is a sweet little Yorkie so I can't see that a Chihuahua wouldn't also be able to have a go!