15-01-2015, 10:51 PM

More people should get a dog

Just 20 minutes exercise a day can have a profound effect on your health

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-30826550
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-01-2015, 11:15 PM
Azz I heard on the early news this morning that walking each day is important for health and I was thinking the same thing 'more people should get a dog' as I battled in the dark through the rain and wind with Chloe at 7am this morning while the rest of the village seemed to be in bed

It was gratifying to know I was at least doing my body some good
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-01-2015, 01:01 AM
It also makes a big difference for those of us who've always been active to begin with. Kinda lonely out there busting your butt by yourself...having the right pup as an exercise companion, what a great feeling!!!!!
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-01-2015, 07:26 AM
I haven't been able to take my two out for a walk for the past 3 days because all the paths are like skating rinks and I've no intention of breaking my neck. I was chuckling though this morning thinking that despite not getting out for a walk I still get plenty of exercise just playing doorman for the dogs .... so far this morning I must have got up from what I'm doing at least a dozen times to either let a dog in or out!
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2015, 09:20 AM
Ah but it does say brisk walking. How many of us do that when our dog's like to amble and have a good sniff. After all it is their walk to.
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-01-2015, 05:20 PM
Something for when it's too cold for them to play in the yard more than a few minutes. I lucked out on finding a toy clearance after the holidays. Three bucks a piece for long stuffies perfect for tug of war. Each dog grabs an end and take turns pulling each other through the house. Enough toys on reserve to last until Spring.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-01-2015, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
I was thinking the same thing 'more people should get a dog'
Don't you really mean 'more caring, intelligent, educated, solvent, people should get a dog' which in my book means not many more people should get a dog. Looking at all the cretins that walk about our town centres and behave like the animals from the bottom of the ocean I can't really support the idea of more people getting a dog especially if it's to improve their health and not the life of the dog.

Sorry today just had a successtion of internet firms making mistakes and trying to make out it's my fault. Stupid dumb humans
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-01-2015, 09:33 PM
I'm with you on that one Harvey. The majority of people I see on my occasional forays into "civilisation" aren't fit to own a dead earwig - let alone a beautiful, feeling creature like a dog - just to further their health and prospects of staying on this planet even longer than is absolutely necessary. So for me, perhaps "Not everyone should own a dog!".
SusieL
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-01-2015, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
I'm with you on that one Harvey. The majority of people I see on my occasional forays into "civilisation" aren't fit to own a dead earwig - let alone a beautiful, feeling creature like a dog - just to further their health and prospects of staying on this planet even longer than is absolutely necessary. So for me, perhaps "Not everyone should own a dog!".
Fully agree!!