View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-01-2015, 06:08 PM
What a great topic! Annoying habits hum...

Callie is a big handsome gentleman but anyone who has spent even a brief while with a bully breed pup knows their secret weapon...intestinal fortitude...But you learn to deal, I must have eight different air freshening sprays alone, wax warmer, potpourri bowls

His other habit while more messy than annoying is his drooling when we walk outside. Then he shakes his head and has these long strands over his snoot usually leaves stuck to his lips...carry a lot of tissue and paper toweling.

Sophie used to munch bras, not the cheap ones either-a forty dollar bra would be reduced to a pile of pretty color nylon and underwire.

Her two biggest bad habits now are obsessively chewing herself loudly at night...complete quiet and you suddenly hear this loud slurping sound. The vets have all said it's just a nervous tic. She also digs into chairs and destroys dog beds making herself a nest.

Hey, they're our kids and we love them
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-01-2015, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by lovemybull View Post
What a great topic! Annoying habits hum...

Callie is a big handsome gentleman but anyone who has spent even a brief while with a bully breed pup knows their secret weapon...intestinal fortitude...But you learn to deal, I must have eight different air freshening sprays alone, wax warmer, potpourri bowls
oh ewww

His other habit while more messy than annoying is his drooling when we walk outside. Then he shakes his head and has these long strands over his snoot usually leaves stuck to his lips...carry a lot of tissue and paper toweling.
ewww again

Sophie used to munch bras, not the cheap ones either-a forty dollar bra would be reduced to a pile of pretty color nylon and underwire.
naturally what else

Her two biggest bad habits now are obsessively chewing herself loudly at night...complete quiet and you suddenly hear this loud slurping sound. The vets have all said it's just a nervous tic. She also digs into chairs and destroys dog beds making herself a nest.
Hey, they're our kids and we love them
we had the 'night slurps' too and doesn't it sound loud in the dark
I sorted that with a baby wipe applied to 'the bottom bits' at bed time.

Yes they are 'our kids' no one else would put up with them
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2015, 07:58 PM
It has to be the licking of the gussets of my knickers if I have abandoned them on the floor of the bedroom rather than place them in the laundry bin.

There is nothing quite so slurpy and noisesome as a dog licking the gusset of a pair of female knickers ... it is enough to make one tidy!!
Meg
Supervisor

13-01-2015, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
It has to be the licking of the gussets of my knickers if I have abandoned them on the floor of the bedroom rather than place them in the laundry bin.

There is nothing quite so slurpy and noisesome as a dog licking the gusset of a pair of female knickers ... it is enough to make one tidy!!
Ewww nasty
LMost
Dogsey Senior
Male 

13-01-2015, 09:46 PM
On my days off drool to the face at 5am with Mouse and a look on his face of "Dad I'm hungry"
Meg
Supervisor

13-01-2015, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by LMost View Post
On my days off drool to the face at 5am with Mouse and a look on his face of "Dad I'm hungry"
No lay in for you on your day off then Larry
marley123
Dogsey Senior
Male 

13-01-2015, 10:28 PM
Marleys worst habit is biting his nails and in particular biting and pulling on his dew claws, again it is just a nervous thing,
Oh and also licking his lips but because that is also a nervous thing if you say anything it just gets worse
Tommyboy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-01-2015, 11:04 PM
Tommy loves socks, if he gets in the laundry room then they are fair game! Have been playing the swap game with him, so have probably made thing worse. If Tommy brings me the socks unscathed then I swap them for a sausage. Charlie eats poop of any description on his walk and then comes home and sicks it up. Lovely!
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-01-2015, 01:11 AM
I've been laughing and cringing at these! What a great thread.

Hmm Cookie's worst stuff... Could be licking his groin while we are sitting down for a meal, could be scooting on his bum whenever we have guests, could be hoovering up anything and everything that falls out of the rodent cages or from the rodents while they are out even though he is allergic to ALL of their food, could be his dickie tummy and therefor the smells that come out or the frequentness of sick that is shared over the bed, floor, walls, stairs or where ever he happens to be, it could be the way he cutely snuggles into you on the bed or sofa then rolls over and pushes you off, or maybe waiting until you get out of bed for 2 seconds and stealing your spot and digging up all the pillows, it could be the humping whenever we lift our knees up with the quilt over them and the scratches that shortly follow after he's pulled the quilt off, maybe the number of times he's run into a coffee table and knocked EVERYTHING off including lit candles and hot drinks, or if you ask my other half it could be the whining he does for as far as we can tell absolutely no reason what so ever and if you talk to him it gets louder or if you ignore him he sighs and does it louder or that he asks him 10 times to do something and he looks at me until I tell him to do it, but if I ask him first he usually will do it but with give a big sigh or a 'look', but when we are out and about or people are over he is all for showing off. The biggest impact is that you can't watch anything on TV with any hint of an animal on without him trying to eat the TV or having treats/a toy in your hand and talking non stop to him.

What probably most annoying is he does all of the above and loads more and yet one look at me and all is forgiven. Who can stay mad at that face. Oh and the way I see red if anyone tells him off or upsets him in anyway, after all he's perfect!
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-01-2015, 01:59 AM
I can't stand the sound of them licking their privates, especially when on the couch, ewww.

Also, Dallas loves to just stand in front of me and stare for long periods of time. I know it's not a huge deal, but gets annoying.

Tynan whines all-the-time. When I come home he whines so hard and loud I swear he sounds like a fire truck. His range of whining is pretty impressive though.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >