Female 

30-11-2009, 04:47 PM
frey hasnt even been banned according to her account so it wouldnt suprise me
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2009, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
They are trying to establish if it was an illegal breed or type. The news also said there were complaints to the council in February this year about excessive dog breeding at the address.
now why am i not suprised
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-11-2009, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
I know they did what they had to do with the dog, I don't like the fact they just outright shoot it before gathering the facts. I'd be interested to see what they class as an "agitated state".

The family may well have their own cross to bear but I still places my bets on the full responsibilty being pointed at the dog and not the owners. A four year old child should not be left alone with a dog of any breed and unfortunately that appears to be what has happened.

Now the stories will flood in that bull breed dogs should all be banned and that they are vicious killers and the familys guilt will be eased by the media convincing them that they did nothing wrong and that it's just the way these bull breeds are.
If the family have any feelings at all and theres nothing to suggest they don't they will feel responsible, I know people who know the grandmother in Caerphilly whose grandson died in similar circumstances and they say she is a broken woman.
We all expect the worse from the media especially when it comes to Bull breeds and usually they don't disapoint, but thats another story.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2009, 04:50 PM
My heart goes out to the boys family.

Whatever the reason for this attack, shooting the dog was the kindest and only possible action. Anything else would have caused more stress for everyone involved including the dog, who would not have had a fair trial anyway.
gsdgirl:-)
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-11-2009, 04:52 PM
It is so tragic and sad i look at my 4 year old little girl now and couldn't imagine.......yeah the dog should have died and the owners should be responsible xx
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2009, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by johnderondon View Post
I think you've answered you own question.

You have laid the blame at the feet of genetics and enviroment.

How do you know that both of these factors are at play? How do you know that one factor did not predominate over the other? Or that one factor was not wholly responsible? How can you be sure that a well-bred dog in a similar enviroment might not also have posed a risk. Or that an equally ill-bred (if it was ill-bred) dog might not pose an equal risk even in a different enviroment?

To simply say the dog was unstable is analogous to saying the crashed car was unsafe. It doesn't advance our understanding unless we know how and why things went wrong and trying to ascertain that with a major part of the puzzle destroyed just makes things harder and our conclusions less reliable.

Possibly an investigation would have yeilded no useful information but to throw away the opportunity with even trying is to doom us to repeating the same old mistakes.
Isn't it kind of obvious though? I don't like to make generalizations about people and dogs but looking at the fatal dog attacks of recent years, the situation, people and breeds involved are all pretty similar to one another. That isn't a coincidence.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2009, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Isn't it kind of obvious though? I don't like to make generalizations about people and dogs but looking at the fatal dog attacks of recent years, the situation, people and breeds involved are all pretty similar to one another. That isn't a coincidence.
Thats probably more down to the 'types' of people who own these dogs, rather than breed type.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2009, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by gsdmad View Post
Are you struggling to understand the word 'PERSON'
I said any dog that kills a PERSON should be pts.
Yes thats PERSON, not other animal. If you care to read my posts i did say that dog on dog aggression(and any dog animla aggression) is not the same as dog HUMAN aggression.

100% agreed.....

Originally Posted by Wire Haired View Post
I'm not allowed to talk generally about dogs?

As I don't know this particular dog or owners to join in with all of you who obviously do I'd better back out now.
NO!!! this is about a 4 year old boy who has been KILLED!!! wtf has dog on dog aggression got to do with anything???

i think ts rather sick you think its acceptable to compare do gon dog agression to dog on human aggression!!!!!

i dont even have kids and i feel for this family - and theres no way in he11 would i have given ANY dog a 2nd chance after they killed my child.... simple as!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2009, 05:02 PM
I dont see the point in keeping the dog alive, for assessment, as much info can be gained from taking statements from the people involved, {assuming they were present when the attack happend}
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2009, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
The police have not released the breed of dog.Just said on North west news that they are investigating to see if it was an illegal breed and therefore a criminal act to own it....
!
The police will be hoping that it's not a pit bull type, because that will mean that all the DDA rubbish has certainly not done the job.... IYSWIM.

Poor child (and poor dog)

Wys
x
Page 11 of 53 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 > Last »