02-05-2005, 05:50 PM

Arnica & Hypercium

what are these used for ??????

lots of dog folk recommend it but not sure what for
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-05-2005, 06:06 PM
Arnica can be used for aching muscles and joints.
Diane
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-05-2005, 07:01 PM
Hypericum is especially usefull after injuries that sustain, cuts or lacerations. It works by preventing the spread of toxins.

Arnica is like Anne said a very good natural painkiller, it is very effective with bruising and swellings.

These are the main uses for these remedies, although they can be used alongside other remedies for different complaints.

hope this helps Inca.
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

03-05-2005, 05:52 AM
Just to add to the others, I replied with this on ch/d so thought I put it here as well & Dianes also said what I forgot about h/pcum & toxins
Arnica in pillule form is great for pain but you can also get in a cream thats just as good to rub on unbroken skin thats had knocks & bruises. Hypericum Perforatum reduces pain in open, lacerated wounds & closed injuries where tissues are rich in nerve endings. I`ve used it in the cream form mixed with Calandular a lot on the family as well as the dogs & its really good. You can buy them both in pill form or cream, they are homeopathic treatments, if your interested maybe you should get a little book about that`ll explain the remedies & how to use them.
Christine.