Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2007, 01:02 AM
Originally Posted by AnneUK View Post
Malady, I'm not attacking ethical breeders. I agree with you, bybs and pfs are the scum of the breeding world and if they were on here I wouldn't hold back - then you'd see attacking
I'm just posting my honest thoughts in response to other posts.
Would you prefer ethical breeders dumped their ex breeding dogs on rescue too ?

There is nothing Unfair about giving a dog a new loving private home, as it's no different to what you do.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-11-2007, 01:06 AM
Has anybody decided on a particular car they want - picked the colour, paint, trim etc.....when they could simply pop down to 'Jim's Motors' and get one that will do the job fine?

It's freedom of choice I guess.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2007, 01:07 AM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
Would you prefer ethical breeders dumped their ex breeding dogs on rescue too ?

There is nothing Unfair about giving a dog a new loving private home, as it's no different to what you do.
Well said, Theres reasons why we all have to move on, all we can do is move them in the best of our abilities and that means we all have list etc.
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-11-2007, 01:12 AM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
Anne I would like to know why you feel the need to keep returning to this thread, when it is dead, then posting yet another new reason to slate ethical breeders ??

It seems you really are intent on continuing this argument for the sake of it !
No Malady, I'm doing what I you yourself probably did, saw this thread had new posts - read them - felt compelled to reply.

By saying I disagree with breeders rehoming their dogs once they are no longer needed, is a problem how?? - I'm giving my opinion
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2007, 01:26 AM
Because you are again attacking the people who try to their best for dogs in general.

If there were no ethical breeders, you and every other rescue, would still have the same problem, no less.

By keep on having a go at ethical breeders, is it any wonder many breeders don't want to co-operate with rescues or donate anything, when all we get is bad mouthed because you dont agree with breeding, full stop.

As Many people on this thread have already said, you ar attacking the wrong people, and keep finding new excuses to have a go and disapprove.

Well guess what, we don't care if you disapprove. Your view of breeders in general, ethical or not is bad, so you carry on telling the world that all breeding is bad and we will carry on doing what's best for the breeds we have in this civilisation today and hope to keep them that way, so that they are not lost forever.

You've made your views clear, I dont' see any reason to continue trying to convince people on here that ethical breeders are bad, it only drives newcomers away, possibly worried and confused, not to mention the general public who are here to read and learn, and it won't drive them into the arms of rescue, but the arms of puppy farmers, so well done
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-11-2007, 01:33 AM
Can I just ask AnneUK whether she feels the welfare of all existing dogs is more important than all future dogs ?

I'm not giving an opinion _ I'd just like to know as I see a bit of both sides here.
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-11-2007, 01:43 AM
Phil I promise I'll come back and tell you my thoughts on that but right now I should be doing what my sibes are doing :smt015

Malady I'm certainly not 'attacking', as you keep saying I have. Yes my opinions may differ from yours - it's a discussion in a discussion section on a discussion forum.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-11-2007, 01:50 AM
Phil I promise I'll come back and tell you my thoughts on that but right now I should be doing what my sibes are doing :smt015

Malady I'm certainly not 'attacking', as you keep saying I have. Yes my opinions may differ from yours - it's a discussion in a discussion section on a discussion forum.
Quite rightly kipping whilst we're all up talking about them.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2007, 01:55 AM

Anne opinions do differ, but when you are set on making all ethical breeders look bad, (and believe me, reading this thread over again, that is how it looks, and not just to me) the general public go away thinking we are all evil and dont care for our dogs when you couldnt be more wrong and all it does, is send out the wrong message to anyone thinking of going to an ethical breeder, who then think it's easier to go to puppy farmers. Don't think this doesnt happen, I know it does, I've spoken to people who have done it and regrettted it.

The bigger picture Ane, is that you are not doing ethical breeders OR rescues any favours by doing it, you just encourage people to steer clear of both, and what good does that do for the population of dogs on the whole ??

Look at the bigger picture :smt001
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2007, 02:03 AM
Oh believe me, Malady et all, you've all played your special part in making this thread a trainwreck of misinformation and childish fighting.
Page 40 of 42 « First < 30 37 38 39 40 41 42 >