Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2012, 10:35 PM

How to get rid of spots??

I have a few spots, nothing major, but a few on my shoulders/back area.
Is there any good ways to get rid of them, other than buying shop bought stuff [unless anyone knows of any GOOD shop bought]

any help appreciated
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2012, 08:32 AM
I suffer from adult acne

You can get tablets from your Dr's or I get Dalacin T topical solution on prescription and apply 2x a day it helps keep them at bay

I find clearasil daily scrub helps too
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2012, 09:14 AM
How's your diet? I find that what I eat plays a huge part on my skin. I've never had acne as such but was plagued with spots, especially at "that time of the month". Since cutting down on junk, eating more homemade food, etc. my skin has improved - and I notice the flareups if I have a bit of a naughty week food-wise. 3 days of pizza and chips and I'm bound to get at least a few spots pop up on my face!
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2012, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by Baileys Blind View Post
I suffer from adult acne

You can get tablets from your Dr's or I get Dalacin T topical solution on prescription and apply 2x a day it helps keep them at bay

I find clearasil daily scrub helps too
Thanks I use a exfoliating wash everyday, but not on my back only on my face, maybe I should do my back too lol. Thank-you
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2012, 10:18 AM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
How's your diet? I find that what I eat plays a huge part on my skin. I've never had acne as such but was plagued with spots, especially at "that time of the month". Since cutting down on junk, eating more homemade food, etc. my skin has improved - and I notice the flareups if I have a bit of a naughty week food-wise. 3 days of pizza and chips and I'm bound to get at least a few spots pop up on my face!
Diet could be better!
I lost 3 stone around xmas, but recently haven't had time so have resorted to a few take-aways here and there. Plus I think nerves are getting the better of me so I'm craving sweet things and chocolate.
Will try and get my diet under control when I get home from honeymoon and see if it helps my skin!

Thanks for your help
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2012, 02:59 PM
I suffered terribly with acne from age 12 to about 4 years ago (I'm now 43). I tried the pill (dianette) but put on loads of weight, dalacin t, which worked but my skin was really greasy, antibiotics...you name it I tried it. But the best thing I found was zinc and vitamin c tablets. You can get them from tesco, boots etc and they;re combined in one tablet. Apparently there is some connection between zinc deficiency and acne. I also found Simple Oil Balancing wipes really helped along with Simple Oil Balancing moisturiser. They both contain zinc. The temptation is to strip your skin of oils because oils can make you spotty...but it's better to use a non-greasy moisturiser as this slows down the skin's oil making process.
It really worked for me...now I have no acne!! Hope it works for you. (Gawd I sound like an advert!! ) xx
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2012, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by zoe1969 View Post
I suffered terribly with acne from age 12 to about 4 years ago (I'm now 43). I tried the pill (dianette) but put on loads of weight, dalacin t, which worked but my skin was really greasy, antibiotics...you name it I tried it. But the best thing I found was zinc and vitamin c tablets. You can get them from tesco, boots etc and they;re combined in one tablet. Apparently there is some connection between zinc deficiency and acne. I also found Simple Oil Balancing wipes really helped along with Simple Oil Balancing moisturiser. They both contain zinc. The temptation is to strip your skin of oils because oils can make you spotty...but it's better to use a non-greasy moisturiser as this slows down the skin's oil making process.
It really worked for me...now I have no acne!! Hope it works for you. (Gawd I sound like an advert!! ) xx
Gonna try me some of them me thinks Thank you
ljru1970
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-03-2012, 06:41 PM
Can you reach them? If I get them on my face I use toothpaste, it really dries them out. You could also get one of those loofah on a stick scrubbers and use an exfoliant.
Hopefully with the lovely warm weather we are having if you expose your back it will get rid of them
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2012, 04:12 PM
Personally i wouldn't touch clearasil, it's just chemical, go for something a bit more natural if you can get it, go to Lush and talk to them.

I use cheapy boots tea tree stuff and that's fine, i don't really get spots though, though my skin is noticeably nicer when i've eaten better. It's just less dull though, i've had about 3 spots in my life.
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2012, 05:02 PM
There was an article in yesterday's Metro paper that reported that scientists have found that Thyme has just been discovered as a great spot treatment - more effective than anything on the market at the moment

Doesn't say at what strength though Might have to try an infusion and see what happens
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >